DENT Instruments is a growing, 33-year young technology company in Bend. A leader in the energy information “green” sector, DENT manufactures energy metering and measurement equipment for customers all over the world. We include in our client list Fortune 10 companies as well as small electrical shops. We are keenly aware how our products help reduce energy use and improve efficiencies for the betterment of everyone.
The administrative assistant supports business needs in a variety of
areas. They serve as the receptionist for visitors to our facility; play
an integral role in the accounting functions; and, directly support the
sales effort of the company.
- Answer multi-line phone system and transfer to appropriate staff
- Interact with customers via phone and email
- Provide front office support including copying, faxing, mailing and filing
- Maintain office inventory levels including supplies, beverages and snacks
- Maintain and organize office/kitchen areas
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail, email and faxes
- Plan, coordinate and handle staff events (birthdays, Holidays, special events)
- Investigate, code and process accounts payable
- Maintain vendors information and set up new vendors as needed
- Post accounts receivable payments and prepare bank deposits
- Process credit cards
- Follow-up on past due invoices
- Process credit applications
- Maintain/balance petty cash
- Perform daily invoicing and email invoices to customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in the purchasing of consumables and other items as identified by our operations director.
- Investigate and resolve any open POs as part of month end duties.
- Business Acumen Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven Strategic Thinking
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and 2+ years of related experience or high school diploma and 4+ years of related experience
Solid knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
Proven effective verbal and written communication skills
Proven excellent level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually and on a team
Ability to work with confidential information, and
A high level of attention to detail required
Willingness to do what is necessary in multi-faceted role
Standard days of work are Monday through Friday; 40 + hours are expected weekly. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license; must be able to be insured as a driver by the Company’s carrier.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time as required by business needs. If specified duties listed on a formal Offer of Employment differ from those shown on this document, the Offer of Employment takes precedence.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this or any other DENT Instruments job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $26.00 per hour