nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Work in a multidisciplinary team to develop automated manufacturing solutions to meet nLIGHT’s rapidly growing product demand. This position will be based in nLIGHT’s Vancouver and Camas, WA locations, but the work you do will impact nLIGHT’s worldwide operations improving capacity, quality and cost.
- Investigate and propose automated capital equipment solutions for applicability towards nLIGHT manufacturing processes used to build high power laser assemblies
- Work to define detailed requirements for and validate automated equipment capabilities
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to define, prototype, design, document, build and qualify customized automated tooling
- Devise, test, document and deploy communications solutions between automated tools and existing database infrastructure
- Create interface solutions between new tools and existing manufacturing and database systems
- Implement item tracking schemes and data collection/retrieval solutions on automated production lines
- Integrate commercially available technologies and processes to enable development of next generation process equipment solutions
- Write program code for new and existing control systems, project upgrades, and operation change requests
- Develop and modify Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens and interfaces
- Conduct testing, simulations, start up and commissioning for new projects and upgrades
- Develop troubleshooting procedures and execute troubleshooting for instrumentation, PLC and control system performance
- Train equipment technicians on operation and maintenance of automated manufacturing equipment
- Minimum of BS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls engineering or similarly applicable engineering program
- Experience programming automated process controls equipment (Siemens, Allan Bradley, or similar PLC based systems)
- Experience in developing electrical schematics for automation equipment (ePLAN P8)
- Minimum of 3 years of programming experience
- Specific experience with the design and control of automated process and test equipment, including basic understanding and ability to specify and/or create harnessing and control logic
- 2 years development experience with high-power laser and precision optical assemblies desired
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possess professional written and oral communication skills
- Working familiarity with the following standards: IEC-61010, IEC-60825
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.