We are looking for a back end engineer to help build the world’s first outbreak detection system for contagious disease.
At Kinsa we are driven by our mission to track and stop the spread of contagious illness. We use data analytics and machine learning to forecast where and when illness will break out. Our award winning connected thermometers provide the sensor network needed to collect real-time, geolocated, clinically accurate health data. We've proven that our data can accurately track the spread of influenza in communities weeks ahead of the US Centers for Disease Control
The Kinsa platform is responsible for securely collecting data from Kinsa smart thermometers and other sources, then analyzing and presenting the insights gleaned from the data so we can track and help stop the spread of contagious diseases.
You will be exposed to, and able to contribute using a large variety of technologies including Node.js/Express, Python, AWS, Docker, serverless architecture, GraphQL and machine learning.
- Design and implement services and GraphQL and REST APIs for our mobile and web applications using and Node.JS and Python
- Help build a scalable and performant architecture
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, designers, and business folks to ship new products and feature enhancements
- Write testable, legible, high quality code
- Experience designing and implementing APIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2- 4 years of experience in backend server development
- Ability to design database schemas and write SQL queries
- Strong software engineering skills
- Desire to learn and grow
Nice to have
- Experience building apps/apis that support single sign on
- Experience building access control mechanisms such as RBAC or ABAC