We are looking for a versatile Communications Specialist who is eager to support Autodesk sales and channel partners with best-in-class communications programs. This role will develop communications strategies and manage the execution of internal and external communications activities to support a diverse network of partners. In this role, you will work primarily with the Sales Enablement team, which is responsible for providing sales and partners with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Your role will be focused on communications-related projects.
You will join Global Sales & Success Operations (GSSO) which is part of the 4300+ person Worldwide Field Operations (WWFO) – a team that values professional development and rewards high performance. We are the crew that plans, builds and runs the sales engine that helps sales reps and partners drive business. We are all about improving sales productivity by defining sales process, building sales talent, recognizing and rewarding high performance, designing and building sales systems, and more that our team needs to get their jobs done. Our work environment is fast-paced and always evolving. We value professional development, strategic thinking and innovation. We are fearless in taking on new challenges that will deliver awesome results.
- Manage day-to-day operations for Global Channel Partner communications including those necessary to drive business strategy, change management and partner specific program communications
- Assist with execution of internal sales communications
- Manage Autodesk Channel Communications to deliver business critical presentations
- Create annual, quarterly editorial calendar and deliver external Partner communications
- Develop external partner communications including newsletters and online content. Build best practices, measurements and metrics for communications effectiveness
- Manage communication distribution vehicles and platforms (Impartner, SAVO, Seismic, Sharepoint, Salesforce, etc.)
- Bring creative, innovative, and cutting-edge ideas that make communications and engaging and effective for Autodesk sales and channel partners
- Influence and lead the use of communication diagnostics (focus groups, surveys, other feedback mechanisms, etc.) throughout the global organization
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years of equivalent experience in writing and/or editing
- Master’s degree is a nice to have
- Strategic thinking to create communication strategies and execute the details with a portfolio of communication examples
- Exposure working with a SaaS channel or partner organization. This includes knowing the difference between a “VAD” and a “VAR”
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative work-style and ability to gain consensus among multiple teams Unwavering responsiveness to internal and external partner' communication needs. You understand the news cycle doesn't always fall within normal business hours
- Sensitivity to regional/Geo-specific communications styles and preferences; strong global perspective
- Experience with collaboration and digital sales enablement tools including but not limited to: Salesforce, Teams, Slack, SharePoint, video, blogs, and other communication mediums
- Bonus points for superior slide and storytelling skills (Powerpoint)
Top 5 Signs That You’re a Strong Candidate
- You work well with others. You can work independently and collaborate in a team setting. You are energized by meeting new people. You like the experience of working with different types of people and can adapt easily to their work styles. You are open, friendly and accepting of others. You know how to manage conflict with respect and consideration of different points of view. People love working with you. And the feeling is mutual.
- You get stuff done. You are a self-starter who can manage a highly variable workload. You’re unfazed by the unexpected projects that require a fast turnaround. You know how to prioritize so that important and urgent stuff gets done first, and you manage your time wisely so you are also making progress on the important but (not yet) urgent projects.
- You get connected quickly. You know how to build a network by building relationships.
- You are the person who seems to know everyone. This helps you to be resourceful and get stuff done.
- You are a fearless go-getter. You actively seek challenges that will stretch your capabilities. You operate well in an environment that changes quickly, and it’s not always 100% clear what needs to happen and when. You are still able to pull together a plan and execute, adjust as needed and move forward. You seek clarity and guidance as needed from your colleagues to make sure you are headed in the right direction.
- You aspire to be a storyteller and artist. You understand the power of words and images. You are a comfortable and confident writer, and you have a knack for finding and creating imagery to complement your words. You are eager to hone your craft in a professional environment. You aspire to learn how to creatively communicate ideas in a way that informs or persuades the audience in a memorable way.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.