Content Marketing Manager-Remote
Ascend is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps mid-market and large enterprise customers automate accounts payable processing through text extraction, machine learning, and powerful integration into their financial systems – saving them millions each year. Our clients include Lemonade, NASCAR, Panera Bread, PGA Tour, and the Atlanta Braves.
Ascend is a fully remote company that offers competitive pay, great benefits, and flexible time off. Most importantly, we offer the chance to learn, take ownership, and build your career the way you’ve envisioned.
What would you do at Ascend?
As a Content Marketing Manager at Ascend, you would oversee our content creation and thought leadership marketing communications for our B2B SaaS AP Automation solution. You will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive content marketing strategy to increase demand generation, establish thought leadership, and drive customer engagement. You will be responsible for creating and promoting blog posts, case studies, email marketing, social media campaigns, webinars, proprietary research documents, and other marketing communications to engage with our target audience and educate them about our product. The pay range we’re offering is $75,000-$95,000, based on experience and expertise.
Your day-to-day would include:
- Develop and execute a content marketing strategy to increase demand generation, establish thought leadership, and drive customer engagement.
- Create and promote blog posts, email marketing, social media campaigns, webinars, proprietary research, and other marketing communications to engage with our target audience and educate them about our product.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience and their needs to create relevant and compelling content.
- Manage and optimize our blog, social media channels, and email marketing campaigns to increase engagement and drive traffic to our website.
- Conduct research to develop content ideas that resonate with our target audience and help position our product as a thought leader in the industry.
- Collaborate with the sales and product teams to develop content that aligns with their needs and goals.
- Analyze and report on the performance of our content marketing campaigns and adjust strategies as needed to drive better results.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in content marketing and apply them to our organization.
What is Ascend looking for in a candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing, preferably in the B2B SaaS industry.
- Experience creating and executing a comprehensive content marketing strategy that includes case studies, blogs, email marketing, social media, webinars, proprietary research documents, and other marketing communications.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to create compelling and engaging content that resonates with our target audience.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data to measure the effectiveness of content marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with SEO and website analytics tools.
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot or Marketo.
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Self-motivated with a passion for staying up to date with the latest trends and best practices in content marketing.
Why should you apply?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company including a great salary, comprehensive health care benefits (100% covered for employees, 50% for dependents), and a generous retirement plan match.
- You’ll receive an annual Lifelong Learning Allowance to use towards learning opportunities of your choice (cooking lessons, dance lessons, language lessons, etc.)
- You’ll receive flexible time off, 10 paid holidays, Flex Fridays during the summer, and one week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- A platform for good: a culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, charity matching, and volunteer days—creating belonging for all is in our DNA both inside and outside of work.
- Remote-first culture: no matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team.
- We take family seriously and offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs.
- We give you great tools and tech to do your best work: hardware, software, and home office setups.
Our Interview and Hiring Process
We want the best people on our team. To get them, we’ve built our hiring process around three Ts: thorough, transparent, and thoughtful. Our interview process is an honest evaluation of what you’ve done, what you’re good at, and what you’re working on improving. The goal of this process is to identify, as objectively as possible, people who will raise the level of play within our company.
Here's how it works:
- Screening interview – phone call (30-60 minutes)
- Deep dive interview with the hiring manager – phone call (90+ minutes)
- Focused interviews with select potential teammates – 2 to 3 video calls (30 mins each)
- Reference calls with your last several managers
- Offer letter