nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Europe.
The industrial fiber laser engineering organization at nLIGHT is charged with delivering world class solutions for our rapidly growing laser products business. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with an excellent track record of performance and strong knowledge of machine learning and data analytics. They will drive the definition and creation of data models and associated analytics, focused on the evolution of product engineering and customer experience. They would join a small team with a big impact, requiring good teamwork in a dynamic environment.
- Drive the discovery process across the engineering and service teams to understand Descriptive (what happened?) and Predictive (what will happen?) analytics requirements.
- Apply data science techniques such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence to extract value from production and field data.
- Collaborate with product engineers to correlate similar data and determine actionable results.
- Work with software development team to specify requirements for data extraction and analysis tools for use within the company and by customers.
- Actively evangelize improvements to data collection, processing, and storage solutions to better meet the needs of analytics.
- Participate in the implementation of analytics algorithms.
- Provide on-going support of analytics reporting solutions.
- Develop comprehensive plans aimed at delivering robust analytics solutions.
- BS in Data Science, Data Analytics, or related field.
- 5-7 years industry experience, including practical experience in the data science realm.
- Solid knowledge of common data science toolkits. Experience with Jmp, Minitab preferred.
- Practical experience with machine learning and AI techniques/tools. Familiarly with TensorFlow, scikit-learn preferred.
- Strong ability to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI).
- Solid mathematics skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
- Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Synapse and Spark.
- Familiarity with data management tools.
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala.
- Experience with firmware and sensors a plus.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and an ability to absorb and assimilate information rapidly.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Comfortable directing the activities of others.
- Strong written and verbal communication, including solid technical writing skills.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation package
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, increasing by 1 day each year up to 4 weeks, plus paid holidays
- Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month following start date
- Medical & Dental Benefits including Prescription, Orthodontia and Vision with premiums as low as $35.00 per pay period
- Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.