The role of a DevOps Engineer II is to analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration and deployment to both host- and cloud-based infrastructure while ensuring high availability on both production and pre-production systems. They are responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. Other responsibilities include working with functional and technical teams to identify requirements, architect solutions, implement/update solutions, build and execute test plans, perform quality reviews, manage operations, and triage and fix operational issues. DevOps Engineers require the ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with customer, peers, partners, vendors and leadership.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Build, test, maintain and operate secure and reliable and host- and cloud-based infrastructure using tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Build, test, maintain and operate secure and reliable Kubernetes based container management platforms and tooling.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with security standards.
- Develops/builds IT solutions to meet business, technical and security requirements.
- Installs and configures solutions.
- Translates business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios and scripts.
- Develops and/or implements reusable components.
- Assists with the identification, creation, and maintenance of test data.
- Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- Assists with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Works on moderate to complex tasks in support of one or more projects that require a singular area of expertise.
- Works as a project team member, or independently on small projects.
- Increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
- Codes and documents custom test automation frameworks.
- Maintains new and existing object reference files.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support cycle.
- Experience with IaC and configuration management tools and methodologies (preferred: Ansible or Terraform).
- Experience with source code management tools and methodologies (preferred: GitHub, Gitlab).
- Experience with coding or scripting (preferred: Python, Bash, Shell).
- Experience with building, testing, and deploying solutions as containers (preferred: Docker).
- Proven experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems (configuration, troubleshooting and deployment).
- Experience with one programming language, OS scripting tools, relational databases, software testing, and networking concepts and protocols. Must also possess effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Multiple programming languages, networking components, protocols, and security (subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.). Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations, Knowledge of an agile team environment and process, excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
DevOps Engineer II would have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or related field and five years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including but not limited to application development or database development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to provide on-call support 24x7.
- May be required to work overtime.
- May be required to work outside normal hours.
The base pay annual salary range for this job is $83,500 - $136,000.