eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
DevOps Software Engineer- Tools and Infrastructure
As a DevOps Software Engineer on the eBay Mobile DevOps team, you will help keep the mobile CI pipeline running at high efficiency. We need smart and passionate engineers who are obsessed with building fully automated, robust, and performant build systems. We are looking for self-starters who have a demonstrable history of pursuing new challenges and projects. This role presents a unique opportunity to work on internal cloud-only technical challenges with a focus on delivering native mobile apps.
About the Team
We work as a collaborative team with the shared goal of delivering excellent software, anchored in an agile culture of quality, continuous delivery, and innovation. We encourage our software engineers to embrace shared responsibility for writing modularized, testable, maintainable, and high performance code. We deliver working software in short sprints via iterative and incremental development practices. Individuals on our team are motivated, trusted and continuously focused on technical excellence. We partner closely with eBay’s mobile architecture, test framework, and infrastructure teams.
- Contribute to a team focused on improving developer velocity, scalability and testability of eBay's mobile CI pipeline
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure for eBay's mobile apps, focusing on productivity, testing and release
- Assess new tools and technologies to enhance our rapidly evolving infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure
- Collaborate with partner teams and key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Investigate and troubleshoot cross-system and cross-environment anomalies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience
- Familiarity with Unix, Linux and/or MacOS with shell scripting
- Programming experience in Python and another object-oriented programming
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and building developer tools
- Good understanding of microservice-based architecture
- Experience with CI/CD principles, architecture and operations
- Strong knowledge of:
- Configuration management tools (Ansible preferred)
- Databases (SQL/NoSQL)
- SCM (Git)
- Understanding of security as it applies to DevOps
- Be able to discuss principles of infrastructure as code
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamentals of algorithms and systems design
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with certificate management, iOS and Android build systems, log analysis tools
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: