We are a SaaS company looking for a DevSecOps Engineer who can maintain and improve our secure build and deployment processes, as well as maintain our cloud infrastructure, as part of a dynamic cross-functional team.
The duties of this position will include the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and the management of systems to facilitate the secure software development life cycle (SDLC) and ensure the ongoing health and security of our development and customer facing application infrastructure.
This position can be based out of our HQ in Portland, OR, or can be remote anywhere in the U.S.
Our Technical Stack
Our front end is built in an up-to-date version of Angular, leveraging Material Design for a sleek and consistent style. For robustness and productivity, we use statically-typed languages: TypeScript in the front end, backed by HTTP services written in Go. Our version control system is Git (of course).
We deploy on Amazon EC2 with the help of Terraform, and use a variety of AWS cloud services; including RDS-hosted Postgresql, S3, ElasticSearch, Lambda, and SES. Continuous integration and delivery are supported by TeamCity. Slack, Jira, and Google's productivity suite facilitate communication and planning.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud-based infrastructure for new and existing services
- Craft solutions with a focus on security, testability, scalability and maintainability
- Recommend and deploy tools to monitor and improve our cloud-based infrastructure
- Improve and maintain our continuous integration environments
- Enhance and maintain change management processes, troubleshooting processes, and standards
- Coordinate closely with needs and priorities of the development team
- Serve as a source of technical expertise to development team and act as a mentor for junior DevOps team members
- Automate and implement security controls and processes.
- Maintain security best practices, such as hardening, secure configuration, and patching.
- Work closely with the Compliance team to maintain security compliance.
- At least 3 years experience in DevOps, SecurityOps, DevSecOps, or related roles supporting production software and dev teams
- Some development experience with multiple technology stacks and programming languages, such as Python and Go
- Familiarity with IaaS platforms such as AWS
- Basic knowledge/experience in Linux fundamentals and scripting.
- Basic knowledge of git and version control
- Ability to work in small teams and independently, and be resourceful
- Ability to balance competing priorities and find best fit solutions, balancing dev, security, and pure ops needs
- Information security, data privacy and compliance knowledge.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools, such as Terraform
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) processes and tooling
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
- Experience with CloudFormation, Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Experience with SOC2 audits or other compliance review processes
- Experience with Jenkins and TeamCity
Who We Are
At RadarFirst, our mission is to solve complex data privacy challenges with innovation. We are revolutionizing incident response management using automated, smart, and purpose-built SaaS technology. RadarFirst is a pioneer in the privacy field, recognized for its innovation with multiple patents and high-profile industry awards. Our customers include some of the nation’s largest healthcare, insurance, financial, and government organizations.
- Integrity & Empathy
- Inclusion & Innovation
- Respect & Candor
Why Join RadarFirst?
At RadarFirst, our team is filled with smart, thoughtful, and forward-thinking contributors who are experts at what they do. Our culture of innovation and trust is paramount to our success. We work hard, but we also encourage and support a healthy work/life balance. We offer a generous package of benefits and perks that make RadarFirst a great place to work, including:
- Comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental, 401k, Life and Disability insurance, unlimited PTO, paid holiday time, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and company stock options. Plus flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and commuter expenses
- Community outreach programs to encourage giving back to our community both as a group and individually
- Commitment to anti-racism work and accountability to our short-term and long-term equity & inclusion action plan
RadarFirst is a community-first organization, operating on a hybrid model. We actively support all employees working in the way they need. For those who wish to work from the office, these are some features of our downtown Portland office:
- On-site amenities such as indoor bike racks, showers, lockers, and gym facilities
- Casual work environment in an ideal central location, close to great food, shopping, and transportation options