NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
A leader to guide the development of the framework for our cloud platform. The leader will be responsible for mentoring developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills and to deliver innovative, high quality frameworks that enable the teams to build in a consistent, maintainable and highly scalable manner. The person will lead by example, promote the agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. A validated software leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH?
As the Director of Engineering for the Global Cloud Pipeline and Tool Engineering team, you will
- Own the teams responsible for architecting and voicing support for the future platforms for internal efficiency.
- Collaborate with product owners, product managers and business subject-matter guides to ensure deliver solutions that will optimally support the achievement of business outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON?
- Bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enables Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services.
- Responsible for crafting, developing and deploying flawless, tailored and inherently social experiences to Nike's Digital consumers.
- Dedication to collaborate with the teams to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
WHAT YOU BRING?
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of management experience building and leading impactful software engineering teams
- 2 years of experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests.
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment.
- Proficient in development languages including Java 8+, Node.js, Python.
- Continuous delivery experience is preferred.
- Experience with Atlassian and Artifactory is a plus.
- Experience in understanding minimal code in a load-balanced environment to achieve valuable business outcomes.
- Solid understanding of Scrum and agile principles, exposure to SAFe is a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.