Director, Medicare Product Management champions the development and marketing of insurance products and management for a portfolio of products across multi-state service areas. This position oversees and directs the team across the entire product lifecycle (new product development, launch, ongoing management and enhancement of products, and product retirement). Director, Medicare Product Management focuses on growth via innovative new products, new markets and new channels in addition to maintenance of existing products in portfolio.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Creates comprehensive insurance product strategy and plans that meets customer expectations including benefit design, pricing and underwriting, financial arrangements, internal and external communication, operational procedures and systems development.
- Evaluates existing products and competitor and industry data to improve current portfolio and make recommendations for new products and product changes.
- Accountability for the strategy, product development, and product submission for the annual CMS Medicare Bid.
- Works with appropriate departments for all product modifications.
- Infuses original and differentiating insights into the product strategy resulting in new products that lead the market.
- Coordinates with Government Programs Leadership Team to ensure integration of current portfolio and new products on new system platform.
- Accountable for profitable market share growth strategies, product planning and performance metrics.
- Develops and implements long term profitability strategies for specific products including market positioning, benefit design, pricing parameters, risk profiles and legislative/regulatory responses.
- Leads product portfolio management to ensure product lines increase competitive advantage, profitability and responsiveness to customer needs
- Management through all stages of lifecycle including end of life and product migration.
- Leads and develops Product Managers and Product Specialists to achieve objective of driving product strategy forward and in support of overall Marketing Plan
- Works with Sales and Marketing leadership and their staff to ensure optimal go-to-market strategy, product analytics, development and execution across channels.
- Accountability for the development of CMS-mandated member materials.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of Health Insurance market dynamics, regulatory environment and product types.
- Demonstrated experience in developing creative product portfolio strategy using market analytics, market trends and competitive information.
- Track record in developing and managing highly successful consumer directed products and services across multiple regions and sales channels.
- Demonstrated project management skills including effective planning, organizing and administration of multi-functional work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver effective presentations and facilitate cross-functional planning sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead team of individuals, potentially some remote employees.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve complex and sensitive issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, to interact with senior Cambia leadership as well as groups and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand Medicare financials, including cost and revenue impacts to balance a profitable growth product portfolio.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Director, Medicare Product Management would have a Master’s degree in business, healthcare administration or a related field, 8 years of product management experience within healthcare, insurance or related industry and at least 2 years leading others or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours.