nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Camas, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Europe.
nLIGHT is a fast-paced high-growth technology company looking to add a talented and energetic Marketing Communications Director to drive our marketing communications strategies to support our growth from a $200M company toward a $500M company and beyond.
The Marketing Communications Director will be a self-driven player/coach who will develop, implement, measure, and improve marketing communications strategies and initiatives to support the Corporate and Business Units’ marketing objectives.
- Partner with the Executive Team to refine and drive our corporate brand identity and support marketing initiatives.
- Partner with the Business Units to support the development and execution of product promotion and brand awareness initiatives.
- Partner with Sales to provide localized marketing content in line with Corporate and Business Unit marketing plans.
- Plan and manage critical projects and provide status updates for partners and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the creation and ongoing development of content for tradeshows, web, social media, webinars, print, online advertising, sales literature, and other media.
- Enhance and manage corporate brand guidelines for consistent execution of brand positioning and marketing deliverables.
- Measure marketing project/initiative effectiveness and drive continuous improvement.
Qualification and skill requirements
- Demonstrated track-record of managing resources (people, schedule, and budget) to achieve project objectives with increasing responsibilities over time.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical marketing communications leadership role with ownership of the brand and marketing strategies.
- Experience in working with Executive Teams and Business Units to create/promote/sustain branding and marketing initiatives.
- Track-record of successful product marketing including product launch campaigns, trade shows, website, social media, webinars, press, ads, literature, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Public Relations or equivalent experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively in a highly collaborative, fast-moving team environment.
- Must have high attention for detail, tenacity to see a project through a highly matrixed organization with a strong sense of urgency.
- Detail-oriented, able to keep many projects moving forward to meet aggressive deadlines.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation package
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, increasing by 1 day each year up to 4 weeks, plus paid holidays
- Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month following start date
- Medical & Dental Benefits including Prescription, Orthodontia and Vision with premiums as low as $35.00 per pay period
- Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.