Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, BlueVolt is a pioneer in the eLearning industry. BlueVolt’s training solutions help many organizations increase sales, build brand awareness, and enhance employee knowledge. Along with its learning management system (LMS) and channel learning and readiness (CLR) SaaS platform, the company offers a range of client-focused services, including course and curriculum development, strategic support, business intelligence, and unique channel-training innovations.
BlueVolt believes relationships matter and that people desire to grow their skills. When that happens, companies also increase, and communities thrive.
BlueVolt has helped organizations, their employees, and their partners build knowledge to drive personal and professional growth to develop stronger relationships.
The Director of Partner and Customer Success will lead and drive a high-performing, a productive and collaborative culture within the customer success management team. They will focus on ensuring the highest customer satisfaction and growth by supporting, retaining, and expanding customer accounts daily. This role will lead two separate teams within Customer Success: Partner Success Managers and Customer Success Managers, managing and developing the team by identifying and creating process efficiencies for maximum impact and value.
- Establish a vision and plan for the Partner and Customer Success Team, focusing on driving product adoption and usage, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through renewals and retention improvements.
- Drive customer growth outcomes
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption (enrollments and usage), customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Drive renewal and up-selling sales opportunities and support significant expansion initiatives.
- Reduce churn, creating better, more outstanding advocacy and reference ability.
- Define and optimize customer lifecycle by driving programs and initiatives to improve customer engagement approaches based on customer sentiment and leading a culture of continuous improvement.
- Build and lead best in class team
- Recruit and develop a high performing team
- Develop company-wide customer success motion integrating processes
- Foster collaboration within BlueVolt and across customers
- Drive operational practices to track the performance of teams and individuals
- Work closely with sales to align on strategies and account opportunities
- Deliver transformational leadership, so the team is highly motivated and engaged. Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the team's strength and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate.
- While focused on post-sales partner and customer success management, gaining enough understanding of products and industries served to be a knowledgeable resource for the or team.
- Manage and nurture executive relationships with customers, including management of executive-level escalations.
- 5-10 years of management experience leading teams in a software company.
- 3-5 years experience leading customer success managers or account management, teams. Professional services are a plus.
- Experience leading managers of teams in a SaaS or subscription-based software company preferred.
- Proven experience leading teams, driving new and expansion sales, driving software adoption, and leveraging customer success best practices.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery.
- Possess a strong servant leadership presence, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Managing People - Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self-available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems promptly. Resolves problems in the early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinate employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities per the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MS Office, Hub Spot, SalesForce, Project management systems
- Simple IRA, Generous PTO, Medical Dental and Vision, Life Insurance, EAP, Employee Referral Bonus, BlueVolt Charities,