OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help you every step of the way, from finding courses, mapping them to your core competencies, syncing them with your LMS to increasing utilization and improving your L&D programs. Not only will you have the flexibility of multiple purchasing options from OpenSesame, you’ll find it simple to use and administer your e-learning courses. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team
The Partners Team builds and manages mutually beneficial relationships with leading Learning Management Systems (LMSs), Learning Experience Platforms (LXPs), HR Platforms and other technology companies that distribute, bundle and/or refer OpenSesame’s enterprise elearning solution to organizations around the world. We work hand in hand with the Sales and Marketing teams to collectively accomplish our goals.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced, resourceful, relentless, process-oriented, hands-on and caring Director who excels at executing a growth plan while building strategic relationships internally and with partners. You will build, implement and oversee our partner ecosystem strategic plan to help build OpenSesame into the clear, worldwide leader in enterprise business training over the next three years.
- Lead a team of strategic partner managers located across the world in onboarding, managing and growing existing and new partnerships
- Build a business plan across sales, marketing and product to scale our indirect business and drive partner loyalty and success
- Generate leads and revenue from existing and new partners to support our growth of 30+% per year
- Design and lead multidisciplinary initiatives and projects aimed at evolving and scaling our partner program offering and systems
- Develop, implement and maintain a internal and external key metrics reporting systems across the partner portfolio and team
- Optimize partner playbook that defines best practices and procedures to manage partners internally and externally
- Coach and support each strategic partner manager in developing and executing partner specific strategies, tactics and business plans
- Assist strategic partner manager in developing relationships with partners (e.g. attending QBRs and user conferences)
- Oversee strategic business opportunities with existing partner ecosystem – schedule and lead meetings, prepare and deliver presentations and structure partnership models and proposals
- Maintain a strong understanding of OpenSesame products and positioning to keep us ahead of our competition. Contribute new ways to present OpenSesame’s value proposition and work with Marketing in the development of corporate collateral.
- Evaluate ways to improve our internal processes to scale the business.
- Provide input for, track and deliver against our objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Manage, mentor and develop, as well as contribute individually in the daily job function and duties of junior teammates. Like all management positions at OpenSesame, this is a player/coach role.
- Be an active member and contributor to OpenSesame Senior Management Team
- Meet our top 25 partners and study key performance metrics (first 60 days)
- Evaluate existing partner program and present SWOT (first 90 days)
- Develop comprehensive plan with key milestones to achieve ecosystem growth targets (first 120 days)
- Develop key metrics reporting systems for external and internal use that monitors progress of the partner plan (first 180 days)
- Build relationships with senior executives in our top strategic partners (first 12 months)
We are looking for specific examples from your previous experience that proves you can do this job successfully. We want you to advance your career and are looking for someone who will be excited by this challenge, knowing they can lean on the leadership team around them for growth.
Location: This position can be based anywhere in the US. We operate as a remote-first company, and invest in all-company meetings several times a year.
Performance Driven: We're looking for self-starters with a track record of delivering excellent results, but we're highly selective about who we hire. We don't focus on typical job requirements, instead, we're interested in specific examples from your past experiences. All positions can be based anywhere in the US, and require up to 15 days of travel per year, with senior management and leadership teams requiring up to 35 days.
Compensation: At OpenSesame, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees upon hire, including ISOs, health insurance, 401(k) matching, and paid time off. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, relying on market data to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity: OpenSesame is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of various legally protected characteristics, including criminal history, and strive to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We prioritize safety and security and may use your information accordingly, and you can contact us for assistance or accommodations during the job application process. For more information on our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, click here.
Pay Transparency: At OpenSesame, we prioritize pay transparency, fairness, and equity to create a positive and inclusive work environment, regularly reviewing our compensation practices to align with our values and goals. We provide competitive and fair compensation to our employees based on their skills, experience, and performance.