As an Ecosystem Solutions Architect, you will be a member of the engineering team responsible for supporting sales, success and partnership initiatives by crafting ecosystem solutions in collaboration with partners and customers through the design, development and successful deployment of various integration solutions.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Gain Opal product and technical domain expertise, specifically around the API, user-facing integration points, and engineering process
- Work with Sales and Customer Success team members to showcase ecosystem capabilities and architect solutions for customers utilizing those capabilities
- Design and build integrations utilizing iPaaS systems in conjunction with the Opal API
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to surface API and feature enhancements to unlock new use cases and integration capabilities
- Be the primary technical point of contact with ecosystem partners
- Actively participate in partner activities, including the creation of ecosystem solution prototypes and integrations use cases
- Seek opportunities to innovate and stay current with ecosystem and engineering trends
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- 5+ years experience on technical integration teams supporting solutions architecture
- Demonstrable ability to translate technical requirements to business value and vice versa
- Experience working across key marketing technology categories including experience management, asset management, work management and data management; and leading marketing technology providers such as Adobe, Salesforce, Hootsuite, Facebook, and more.
- Demonstrated expertise in scoping, architecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise-grade technical solutions with sophisticated business requirements
- A passion for evangelizing integration methodologies and the ability to effectively communicate business business value to senior executives
- Comfort with complex technical concepts and ability to to communicate them in broader contexts and to non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively collaborate across functions, as well as both internal and external stakeholders, to successfully architect solutions
- Experience working with iPaaS providers such as Mulesoft, Power Automate, Tray.IO, or Zapier
- Experience working with external API documentation and translating that into a technical plan/solution
- Ability to move forward, overcome obstacles, and proactively communicate without explicit direction
- Aspirations to shape the Solutions Architect function and ultimately play a role in building a team to support it
- Ability to adapt and thrive as the needs of the business evolve
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree or the equivalent related working experience is required.
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.