Airship is searching for a highly motivated Software Engineering Manager to lead a talented team of Engineers that build and support our platform. This is an excellent opportunity to join an admired team in a company that is a clear market leader. We have also been named one of the coolest companies to work for in Portland for the last five years.
You have experience managing highly technical teams and enjoy motivating and leading teams to deliver products that delight customers. You strive for customer satisfaction and recognize the importance of collaboration and diversity, all values that are important at Airship.
At Airship, you will be part of an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment with endless opportunities to make an impact. You and your team will be managing a distributed services platform that sends over 2 billion notifications daily and has over a billion devices that ping us weekly.
Come help us write the next chapter!
● Mentor, grow, and inspire both local and remote team members, from junior engineers to experts in the field
● Collaborate closely with our Product Management, Program Management, and Design Teams as we plan and build the future of our product and strive to delight our customers
● Communicate clearly with your team as well as stakeholders of all technical levels
● Balance competing priorities with determination and grace
● Be a change agent by continually observing and pushing the team and the broader organization to improve
● Push yourself to grow as a manager and leader through professional development efforts
Desired Skills and Experience
● 1+ years of management experience
● 5+ years of technical experience
● Deep understanding of software engineering concepts
● Experience being on-call and managing an on-call schedule
● Pride in building excellent products and user experiences
● Prior experience with any of the following is a bonus: distributed Java services, knowledge of pub-sub, big data and Google Cloud Platform