Xplore is hiring a Full Stack Developer to work on our Mission Operations software systems. This role will support operations of Xplore-launched satellites, offer satellite Operations As A Service, and be used by Xplore customers directly.
As an integral part of the Mission Operations team and broader Xplore Engineering, this individual will be involved in all phases of the development, test, deployment, integration, maintenance, and support of the software they build. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision while being responsive and flexible within the framework of an agile space start-up.
- Creating custom software processes (”Gateways”) for interfacing with the flight software of satellites (exchanging command, telemetry, and payload data)
- Software development to interface with different Ground Station Network providers
- Development on our web-based Mission Operations application
- Work with Mission Operations teammates, Xplore Flight Software Engineers, customers, and vendors to define the scope and interfaces of software under development
- Perform development activities throughout the software development lifecycle
- Support integrated software testing
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited institution in Software Engineering or Computer Science and 3+ years of experience relevant to the Technical Areas, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with networking and security configurations within cloud hosting provider environments
- Ability to communicate technical information, challenges, and guidance to varied audiences
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize tasking to align with business goals
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Xplore is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Xplore is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.