Full-Stack Engineer ● Eugene, Oregon ● Full-time Reports to: Director of Engineering
Twenty Ideas (20i) is the home of passionate people who work together to elevate the web and create meaningful digital experiences for clients across a variety of sectors. Our team values innovative, cooperative design and development in an environment full of mutual respect, hard work. and fun. In other words, we work together closely to build really awesome things. We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our remote-first team with our headquarters in beautiful Eugene, Oregon.
- We are a remote first company with an office option located in Eugene, Oregon
- Great company culture & tight-knit collaborative team
- Diverse and exciting technologies & digital products
- Opportunities for professional development - online seminars, internal learning, company paid resource materials
- Six weeks (i.e. 30+ days) of PTO & 20i holidays along with flexible work hours
- 100% company paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability Insurance
- We offer a 401K plan & company match, remote perks, and optional FSA/Dependent care
- Company-sponsored happy hours & social events – we have fun too
Here’s what you’ll do...
- Work with cutting-edge technologies in creating interactive web applications
- Help define the tools and practices used across all Twenty Ideas engineering team
- Work across multiple teams of engineers and designers to bring a high level of polish and craftsmanship to our products.
- Hone your skills and technical mastery as you work directly with customers and end users towards creating meaningful product experiences.
- Work closely with teammates and clients to collaborate on concepts, and flesh out ideas.
- Share knowledge with engineering team members and act as a mentor to more junior engineers.
Here's what you'll need...
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer building user-friendly web applications and platforms
- Can easily explain the differences between HTTP, HTTPS, WS, WSS protocols, their security implications, and the best practices to build secure clients
- A passion for implementing high-end, polished user experiences
- Expert in HTML5 technologies & responsive implementations; understanding of the DOM such as DOM traversal, DOM events
- You’re familiar with at least one popular frontend JS framework (e.g. React.js, Vue.js)
- You’re an expert with at least one popular backend framework (e.g. Express, SpringBoot)
- You’re an expert with at least one popular Cloud Provider’s technology (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You’ve implemented CI/CD pipelines and understand their value
- You’re an expert working through the terminal, able to diagnose issues on remote servers at the OS level if need be (tailing logs, checking file permissions, etc)
- You’re comfortable writing SQL and best practices working with a relational database.
- You’re familiar with monitoring services and technologies (AWS CloudWatch, DataDog, New Relic, etc)
- You’re an expert in TypeScript, able to convince the compiler to catch inconsistencies which shock and impress your peers
- Solid understanding of CSS3 and at least one pre-processor framework
- You know how to test your work by writing your code in a testable way
Bonus Points awarded for:
- Experience leading groups of developers towards a common goal
- Experience with WCAG 2.0 accessibility and truly caring for creating accessible experiences when needed
- Familiarity with best practices and regulations in the Health Care industry (HIPAA, PII protections, etc)
- You have implemented applications with soft realtime requirements
- Design thinking and skills
- A passion project or two that you’ve created or collaborated with someone on