Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, BlueVolt is a pioneer in the eLearning industry. BlueVolt's training solutions help many organizations increase sales, build brand awareness, and enhance employee knowledge. Along with its learning management system (LMS) and channel learning and readiness (CLR) SaaS platform, the company offers a range of client-focused services, including course and curriculum development, strategic support, business intelligence, and unique channel-training innovations.
BlueVolt believes relationships matter and that people desire to grow their skills. When that happens, companies also increase, and communities thrive.
BlueVolt has helped organizations, employees, and partners build knowledge to drive personal and professional growth to develop stronger relationships.
Position Summary: The Senior Full Stack Engineer will develop software that customers love while working in an Agile development environment. You'll help ensure high-quality standards and work with the team to create effective processes for managing all aspects of software development. In addition, you will be a core contributor to the platform and will take part in other software and infrastructure projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must complete the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and author highly functional and aesthetically pleasing software for our product lines, including the BlueVolt LMS, web portals, and other software projects.
- Architect and implement new technologies in the current platform
- Research latest tools and technology in the market to modernize the platform
- Be a Champion and guide on Test Driven Development practices.
- Develop client requirements, estimate, advise upon and deliver the appropriate solution.
- Improve configuration management practices and development processes.
- Develop automated unit tests and follow Test-Driven Development practices.
- Train and mentor Junior Engineers and Interns
- Provide technical support, training, and subject matter expertise to clients and BlueVolt employees.
- Help build development team guidelines and reinforcement their practice.
- Work with management and team on identifying obstacles and removing them.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should show the following.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to build knowledge and skills continuously.
- Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems promptly. Resolves problems in the early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Shows required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
- 5+ years of experience with the SaaS platform, Micro Services, and .NET platform preferred
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative team of application developers and source code repositories like GitHub etc.,
- Competitive Benefits package including Med, Dent, and Vis, Generous PTO, Floating Holidays, Holidays, Simple IRA w/match