INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY THROUGH OUR ONLINE SYSTEM HERE: https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/530919/full-stack-web-developer
In addition to salary (starting $60k, commensurate with experience), the University of Oregon offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees (including health insurance, life insurance, state retirement plans, paid time off and a staff tuition benefit!). To see the full list of benefits, please visit: https://hr.uoregon.edu/about-benefits
University of Oregon Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) connects UO with regional communities. Through CPE’s mission to produce or aid in the delivery of educational programs for purposes of lifelong learning and professional development, the Conference Services sub-unit provides an important resource to this mission in two ways: first, by providing specialized operational support to academic departments, individual faculty members in their hosting of on-campus events and noncredit workshops, or other auxiliary units (e.g. UO Housing); second, by providing technically-sophisticated and integrated conference management and customer service solutions to externally-facing professional associations for the administration and production of educational conferences and tradeshows (both small and large-scale: 10,000+ attendees)
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER?
The IT department is the technological backbone of the Conference Services team, supporting the fulfillment of all contracted services that are critical to the successful operation of events and meetings including, but not limited to the creation of database-driven interactive websites and web applications, databases and systems integrations, administration of databases, and deployment of scalable computer networks at offsite events.
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you will:
• function as a key member of the Conference Services IT department, delivering IT systems across service areas both internal to Conference Services and external with various clients
• engage as part of a development team responsible for creating and maintaining responsive, interactive websites, applications, relational and nonrelational databases, and systems integration for internal, client and public use.
• independently conceptualize, create and implement software methodologies to align and streamline database and web-based systems for increased efficiency and productivity, as defined by the strategic planning team.
• design and produce dynamic, database-driven web applications for use in large-scale production environments.
• create standardized and customized event report and website analytics.
• participate in strategic decision-making with the Conference Services Leadership team
• supervise and train staff to support the technical needs of clients
• travel between 8-30 nights per year to event locations, where you will deploy scalable computer networks, web/database services, and client workstations that you designed.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will report directly to the Director of Conference Services, and work collaboratively with other team and staff members. You will also be responsible for collaborative oversight of 1-2 temporary staff and 3-5 student staff with other members of the IT team.
Ideal candidates will meet our minimum requirements, possess the professional competencies and have a few of our preferred qualifications. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse professional backgrounds, and we acknowledge that the professional competencies for this role can be developed in a variety of ways.
• Bachelor’s Degree or two years of higher education plus two years equivalent experience working in web development.
• One year of experience with front-end web development
• One year of experience with back-end web development
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in team leadership and employee supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks on varying timelines and work in team-oriented environments.
• Demonstrated success in the deployment of software solutions
• Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
• Knowledge of version control software
• Experience with PHP
• Experience with HTML/CSS
• Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
• Experience with Linux/Unix and Apache-based web servers
• Familiarity with computer networks and server administration
• Fluency in responsive website design
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.