At Squarespace we empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business. As a Group Product Manager, you will contribute to your group with a knowledge of business constraints, an understanding of our users, awareness of product trends and an ability to coach product managers to the next level.
We are looking to add a Group Product Manager to our Acuity Scheduling Group. Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company, allows users to schedule appointments directly in a seamless way, taking away the administrative burden of their business so users can focus on what they love.
This will be a player/coach role.
Coach: lead and directly manage product managers focused on our core user experience and primary customer. Promote a unified vision across three teams that collectively manage the primary surfaces users have with Acuity. Build a deep connection with customers, and ensure the teams deliver value for users.
Player: lead product management for a new team focused on helping our customers increase monetization through payments on the Acuity platform and monetization features that grow customer revenue. As a leader on this team, you will be the owner and advocate for driving increased revenue for the businesses of our customers. You'll lead payment integrations and UX in the Acuity product; drive innovation in payment methods both digitally and in person; and manage other payment experiences like taxes, invoices, saved payment methods, discounts, loyalty programs, refunds, returns.
You will report to Acuity's Head of Product and have the option of working remote (within the U.S.) or on-site (hybrid) at our NYC headquarters.
- Directly manage product managers and provide coaching and support to grow their careers and deliver value for our customers
- Establish a clear vision for the group that rolls up to the broader Acuity Scheduling vision
- Ensure consistency in the customer experience across the three teams and their surfaces
- Guide product development—from conception to launch—of the products and product solutions in your scope
- Build relationships with engineering and design leader counterparts, team members, UX researchers, and product analysts to create extraordinary products
- Partner with marketing to launch new products, with customer operations to develop excellent support for merchants, and with analytics to monitor engagement and evaluate product success
- Build internal frameworks for defining team strategy and lead opportunity sizing projects
- Independently assess product tradeoffs, develop a comprehensive roadmap, explain a clear viewpoint on a product direction, and gain stakeholder support
- Develop high-level insights about your product area by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- Set OKRs for your teams with your engineering and design counterparts
- Seek out opportunities to promote your team's work
- 7+ years of product management experience, managing software products from creation through launch and iteration
- Direct experience managing product managers
- Deep experience with user research best practices
- A nuanced understanding of the methods of modern product discovery, product delivery, and user segmentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to align different teams around achieving business goals and outstanding user experiences
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $155,000 - $334,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.