With more than ten years as a leader in the veterinary services industry, Vetsource® provides innovative pharmacy, technology, and business services to the pet health industry and strives to be the most trusted advocate in a rapidly evolving world. With Mars Petcare, one of the world’s largest pet care providers, as its lead investor, Vetsource operates with an experienced and passionate management team to help drive the industry forward. Vetsource's solutions include prescription management, data and insights, and client engagement.
Love pets? Want to make an impact while being a part of a growing organization? Join the Vetsource Product Management! In five years, Vetsource has grown by more than 50% and we’re not done yet! Join our team of bright and energetic people who want to help develop and deliver innovative pharmacy, technology, and business services to the pet health industry.
We welcome all applicants who qualify. While skills and experience matter, we love a good fit too!
Did you know…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend only to apply when they check every box. If you think you might be a good fit for a role but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still reach out. We'd love to learn more about you!
Head of Product, E-Commerce
Vetsource is a global leader in animal-health technology, we’re dedicated to helping our veterinary practice partners help more pets live happier and healthier lives. We’re focused on developing and optimizing products and services that help veterinarians connect to pet parents in meaningful ways. With one of the Nation’s largest online pet pharmacies, we’re ensuring pet parents get the products they need and their veterinarian recommends. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
As Head of Product for e-commerce you will lead a highly collaborative product team that helps Veterinarians create the best e-commerce storefronts in the market and deliver better care to Pet Parents.
You will be responsible end to end for an e-commerce business generating half a billion dollars in revenue and help us get it to a billion dollars in revenue by creating a more simple, personal, and delightful pet parent shopping experience.
- Product Vision: Create a compelling vision for a simple, personal, and delightful pet parent experience.
- Roadmap: Lead the generation and execution of a hypothesis- and data-informed prioritized roadmap across e-commerce products.
- Goals: Define successful product outcomes with clearly measurable objectives and key results. Create team accountability against goals.
- Experimentation: Leverage online controlled experiments and quantitative and qualitative user insights to make data-informed decisions. Make tradeoffs to balance long-term and short-term growth that benefit the user and the business.
- Leadership: Manage a team of product managers. Lead and inspire team and partners through ambiguity, challenges, and pivots. Influence positive outcomes by working across the team, cross-functional partners, and leadership.
- Communication: Communicate crisply and concisely in any medium. Demonstrate strong storytelling and narrative writing capabilities.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT or Operations.
- Masters or MBA, preferred.
- Animal health industry experience, preferred.
- On the first day we expect
- Extensive product management experience, ideally working on e-commerce and/or consumer products.
- Experience leading teams of product managers including managing managers and/or senior team members to achieve their best.
- Experience building a shared vision, empowering your teams, and delivering high-quality outcomes.
- Proven success at hiring, managing, and growing a distributed team remotely.
- Significant experience defining the product vision, strategy, and delivering value that solves problems for customers.
- You are customer-centric, and enjoy working directly with design and engineering to ship delightful products.
- Strong in prioritizing among opportunities, balancing the needs of our customers with those of our business, and clearly communicating the rationale behind your decisions.
- Ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior stakeholders.
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. Comfortable defining and tracking key business and success metrics.
- An effective relationship builder and are able to influence without authority.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
Vetsource employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done, and Enjoy the work! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and the practical application of these principles.
At Vetsource, we know that we do our best work when we have an inclusive and diverse team, where we can draw on our different life experiences to help us deliver innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate the differences that make us each unique just as much as we are driven by the things we have in common, and we work to create a supportive, inclusive, and welcoming environment in which all people can thrive.
Vetsource Total Rewards:
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance
- A dog-friendly work environment
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible scheduling, including remote work where possible
- Professional development opportunities