Who We Are
At nLIGHT, we are constantly on the cutting-edge of laser technology in a massively growing market. We are a leading provider of high-power semiconductors and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, and aerospace & defense applications, to name a few. Our lasers are changing not only the way things are made, but also changing the things that can be made.
Headquartered in Camas, Washington, nLIGHT is a publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR).
nLIGHT is seeking an onsite HR Generalist to join our Operations HR team. You will work closely with Operations employees and leadership, providing day-to-day HR support, including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, employee development, recruiting, and onboarding. This role will be based in Vancouver, WA and will also travel to our Hillsboro, OR location 2 to 4 days per month. We're seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and has a strong knowledge base of HR disciplines and high personal and professional values.
- Reports to Senior HR Manager for Operations and serves as an HR point of contact for employees in assigned business groups.
- Develops relationships with assigned business groups and serves as a partner and advisor to leadership across HR disciplines.
- Supports employment life cycle activities including recruitment, onboarding, recognition, and training & development.
- Recruits for technical and salaried positions in Operations, including collaborating with hiring managers on recruitment strategies, maintaining job descriptions and job postings, scheduling interviews and travel, conducting interviews, drafting offer letters, and initiating pre-employment activities.
- Partners with HR management on compensation decisions, including hires, promotions, and internal job changes.
- Provides guidance, support, and recommendations for the resolution of complex employee relations activities, including coaching conversations, conducting investigations, and administering of progressive discipline.
- Advises and trains managers and supervisors in employee relations and engagement practices and strategies.
- Partners with HR leadership and business partners to identify and coordinate development opportunities for employees to facilitate growth and development.
- Responds to employee complaints and concerns and conducts investigations, while ensuring compliance with applicable Company policy and federal, state, and local statutes.
- Contributes to and/or leads HR projects, including process improvements, employee programs, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Identifies and recommends areas of opportunity to improve HR processes and procedures.
- Serves as a member of the Human Resources team, providing support and assistance to team members, as needed.
- Demonstrates and maintains open and honest communication to foster a culture based on mutual respect and trust.
- 3+ years of HR generalist experience including employee relations and recruitment, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional HR certification is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing or similar environment is required.
- Strong MS Office and Excel skills are required.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality is a must.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn HRIS (Paylocity).
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and procedures.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager and willing to learn all areas of Human Resources.
- Requires flexibility in schedule to work with employees on different shifts and in different locations, as needed.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills.
- A change agent who can assist in implementing new programs in a growth environment.
- Ability to analyze and navigate complex and ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to provide solutions to challenging employee issues and situations, while promoting a positive and professional work environment.
- Ability to establish relationships while maintaining a neutral and unbiased stance.
- Ability to use sound judgement, use discretion, and escalate issues, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to protect confidential and proprietary information and set appropriate professional boundaries.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary level based on qualifications:
- HR Generalist: $66,000 - $85,000 annually
Other Compensation and Benefits
- Target Cash Bonus of 5% of your wages.
- Eligible for Restricted Stock Unit grants
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, increasing by 1 day each year up to 4 weeks
- 9 paid Holidays
- Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month after your start date
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, including prescription and orthodontia with employee-paid premiums as low as $37.00 per pay period
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Bereavement Leave and Jury Duty
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.