Palo Alto Software is seeking an experienced inbound marketing specialist to join its marketing team. Combining your passion for helping small businesses succeed and your digital marketing experience (content, lead generation, SEO, CRO), you’ll help grow our LivePlan channels (accountants, consultants, educators, and accelerator) website audience, engagement, leads, and conversions.
About our company and Eugene, Oregon
We’re a friendly team of 70 diverse, world-class experts. Each team member demonstrates our company values while adding positive contributions to our culture. Please review all the information on our culture at this link before applying to find out if it's a place where you can thrive.
Please visit liveplan.com to learn how our business planning and tracking products and training help achieve our mission to help people succeed in business. We believe that when we help one small business owner grow their business, we’re helping an entire community.
Our agile and innovative team of independent thinkers and creative problem-solvers enjoy work-life integration and full, interesting lives. We believe in candor with kindness and work that matters. We are currently working remotely for our health and safety. When it's safe, we plan to spend some targeted days in the office together for brainstorming, collaborating across teams, and developing good working relationships with our teammates. We'll maintain our flexibility of hours and locations to benefit from the best of both worlds. Work is a thing you do, not a place you go, and we understand that 9 to 5 may not be the hours you do your best work. That's ok! Managers at PAS are more focused on achieving objectives than tracking the time and place you work. (Only employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are allowed into the office or any company events.)
Our location in Eugene supports access to interesting and challenging work in a growing tech scene in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Eugene’s commute times and our drinking water from the McKenzie River Watershed are some of the best in the nation, and homes are more affordable than you’d find in Portland, Seattle, or the Bay Area.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We encourage any motivated and interested candidates to apply, whatever your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status may be. Please see our diversity and inclusion statement here.
Benefits we provide
- Flexible, family-friendly work schedule and hybrid remote/in-office work
- Work based on our mission to help people succeed in business
- Competitive salary
- Health / vision / dental / ortho
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous paid vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave, bereavement leave, jury-duty leave
- Paid community volunteer time
- 401(k) with a match
- Relocation reimbursement
- Discounted gym membership
- Fun company events
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Values-based company culture
- Opportunities to serve on the "LiveWell" committee, Charitable Fund committee, and much more
About our Marketing team
We are a data- and performance-driven digital marketing team of specialists focused on growing top-of-funnel exposure, leads, conversions, and lifetime value to our SaaS (software-as-a-service) product and content properties. To that aim, we leverage a number of best-in-breed inbound marketing, A/B testing, paid advertising, data analysis, and project management platforms. We develop and iterate our marketing initiatives using an agile process and a rolling planning cycle.
The Marketing Team values
- Collaboration – Working together as a united team makes us feel included, involved, and proud of our collective knowledge and expertise.
- Communication and clear expectations – When we are transparent and trust each other, we feel confident that we know what everyone’s thinking and feeling, what our objectives are, and what they are not.
- Character and camaraderie – Working with people we respect, admire, and enjoy being with makes our time together worthwhile.
- Creativity and innovation – Our autonomy to be awesome gives us the freedom to explore and create new and better ways of doing things.
- Coordination and well-managed process – Our carefully designed processes for proposing, planning, and implementing new projects protect the sense of order and organization we’ve developed over time.
- Customer-focus – What matters to our customers will be central to everything we do. By gaining an in-depth understanding of customers, we can better serve their needs and help them succeed in business.
About this role
This is a full-time, permanent, exempt position reporting to the Director of Marketing. The range of the starting salary for this position is $65,000-$85,000.
What success looks like
- Collaborates with BizDev and Sales to gather knowledge about the industry verticals and their sales processes in order to best attract and engage each audience.
- Owns, maintains, and executes the relevant channels’ marketing strategies and tactics to reach each key market segment.
- Drives increasing numbers of prospects to the relevant areas of the LivePlan site and landing pages.
- Strategize and implement innovative ways to extend our marketing messaging and attract new cohorts of prospects to our relevant web properties.
- Generates compelling new types of assets to further attract, engage, and educate relevant audiences.
- Converts prospects to active leads in order to support the Sales team, driving growth in overall revenue, customer lifetime value, and average revenue per account.
- Fully understands the value propositions of LivePlan and how each benefits individual sales channels
Summary of duties
- Collaborate with PAS’s editor to develop and maintain a content creation strategy and calendar.
- Optimize the relevant sections of the LivePlan site to better move users through the funnel.
- Create and execute plans for lead generation for target vertical markets to convert prospects into high-funnel leads.
- Write customer stories, white papers, one-sheeters, etc. to drive more product awareness and support sales efforts.
- Maintain and be prepared to report on core marketing metrics related to lead generation, conversion to sale, and customer feature usage and retention.
What you bring to the job
- The long-term vision for the success of marketing projects that span several months
- Ability to adapt and quickly make adjustments that solve short-term problems without losing focus on larger goals.
- Confidence to support your ideas and strategies and adaptability to pivot when they aren’t working.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills to structure your workflow when working with multiple siloed projects across different teams and brands.
- Strong analytical skills to process bulk information and identify significant trends
- Strong communication skills to translate data into actionable next steps for large projects
Required education and experience
- Experience creating and leveraging marketing content
- Experience managing marketing campaigns and strategies
- Experience writing and proofreading copy for successful marketing campaigns
- Diverse experience with WordPress or other mainstream webpage builders
Preferred education and experience
- Ability to create marketing assets that meet the company’s design standards
- Strong and impactful presentation skills
- A genuine passion for small business and its support ecosystem