Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
After on-site training this position has the potential to work a hybrid schedule (a combination of days working from home and days in the office).
This position will be responsible for the architecting, maintaining and securing of systems used by Teledyne FLIR and its subsidiaries throughout the world. Although this job has no supervisory responsibilities, this person will provide technical leadership to lower level Technicians and will carry out Lead responsibilities as needed. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems. It also includes interaction with other technical teams (e.g. network team, client team, applications team, support team, etc.). The person in this position must have a deep understanding of all components of the server infrastructure with the ability and willingness to learn new technologies as they emerge in the environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and maintain infrastructure solutions consistent with IT infrastructure policy, processes, and associated standards. This includes asset management and license compliance from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Contribute to the development of infrastructure capacity planning.
- Responsible for multiple server environments, including the architecture, security, administration, project, and client needs.
- Install new software releases, perform system upgrades, install and evaluate new patches, and resolve software related problems.
- Responsible for certain data storage systems that support various server systems. This includes the architecture of the environment, security, and administration.
- Perform regular application administrative tasks, monitor systems, and respond to alerts and work closely with the TSS Server Team Manager to establish and execute the lifecycle refresh for the server infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot various malfunctions of hardware and software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, MIS or other related discipline preferred and/or 7-10 years of equivalent/relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server technologies: DHCP, DNS, DFS, WSUS, Group Policy
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong Linux Experience (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- VMware technologies (vCenter, ESXi, vSphere Replication, DRS, HA, dvSwitches, Vsan, etc.)
- Basic Scripting (Powershell, Python, BASH, etc.)
- Experience with the HashiCorp suite of products
- Dell, HP, or Cisco server maintenance
- Knowledge of Automation tool sets (Salt, Terraform, etc.)
- Experienced with operating systems, Storage Area Networks (SAN), and backup/recovery solutions
- Good understanding of cloud technologies
- Experience with Enterprise storage arrays (preferably NetApp)
- Experience with implementing, troubleshooting, and securing multi-tier applications
- Able to work off hours for emergency situations
- Able to attain/maintain government security clearance; Active Government Security Clearance preferred
- Able and willing to travel approximately 10%
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with Cisco UCS environments
- Experience in application performance tuning
- Experience in designing and implementing Enterprise Disaster Recovery environments
- Experience with remote management, configuration, and monitoring technologies (Solarwinds, Microsoft System Center, WMI, SNMP, etc.)
- Certifications in relevant security, cloud and/or system architecture fields
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.