Join our tight-knit quickly growing team to help us design, develop, and bring our core product to market. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to get in on the ground floor of a fast-paced pre-launch startup.
As an Intermediate Software Engineer, you will be responsible for helping build out our Go APIs for various mobile applications, provisioning and maintaining cloud infrastructure, and establishing a set of best practices as we continue to scale the team.
The ideal candidate is experienced in building RESTful APIs, is comfortable navigating cloud native infrastructure, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment. This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, preferably within an agile environment.
- Experience building Restful APIs.
- Experience working with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience working with Postgres.
- Experience in the healthcare space and HIPAA a bonus.
- Team player that works well with other departments such as design, product, and fulfillment.
- Ownership mentality with passion to always be learning
- Experience in a startup is highly desirable as we are constantly changing, adapting and focusing on minimum viable product vs. long drawn out development cycles you would normally see in an enterprise. If change or ambiguity scares you, this probably isn’t the right role for you.
If you don’t check every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply.
Why Join Our Team?
In order to be a successful team in the fast-paced startup world, we collaborated closely to develop a set of core values that we live and work by:
- We are Passionate about our Customers
- We Empower through Ownership & Collaboration
- We are Candid and Respectful
- We have Flexible mindsets & workflows
- We value Progress over Perfection
- We Appreciate our Different Experiences
- We Own our Mistakes & Become Part of the Solution
- We go Above and Beyond
- Medical and dental coverage through Moda Health
- Located in SE Portland, our space was designed and built out during COVID-19 with a number of enhancements to create a safe place for our employees to work
- Bus & MAX lines nearby
- Easy access to downtown, local parks and major freeways
- Free on-site parking
- Full kitchen with coffee bar
- Remote work possible