When you see someone struggling with their computer, do you just have to help them? You
learned a new operating system just because you were curious? You compared Google
Worksheets to Microsoft Excel because you wanted to know the difference for yourself? You like
explaining technical concepts to people who don’t have the tech vocabulary? When you see a
task that needs doing, you do it? You work with computers, but you know that you are actually
About This Role
Airship Information Technology team supports choice in our computing environment. We look
for innovative solutions to problems from enterprise class solutions to open source solutions and
everything in between. We know that if we provide the best solutions for our end users, we are
contributing to the success of the company.
You will work with computer hardware, software, A/V systems, Telephony, Video Conferencing,
and network systems. All of those things have one purpose: Supporting the people that make up
Airship. We need you to be endlessly curious and to think from the perspective of your customer.
What would make their work easier? Does this software have a user interface that makes sense?
You will work to develop, test, install, configure, troubleshoot and provide ongoing support for
technical solutions. As part of this process, you develop the documentation, diagrams and other
instructions to help our internal customers use the solutions we provide. This is not your typical
IT role, and Airship is not your typical workplace.
You will be supporting 3 sites based in our Portland office and our environment is primarily
Mac, with small percentages of Linux and Windows. Our primary productivity suite is Google’s
G-Suite. We use a lot of SaaS tools as a company and IT does a lot of integration with these
- Ongoing application and desktop support
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Respond to customer requests via our helpdesk system, walkups, emails, Slack, etc.
- Complete all customer support requests in the ticket system, JIRA
- Account provisioning and password management
- Participate in projects and provide assistance as directed
- Assist as needed with network support and troubleshooting including after hours emergency response
- Create and deliver end-user training
- Create and manage documentation
Nice To Have
- Experience with cloud based virtualized servers to support
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Jamf 200 or Jamf 300 Certifications.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 10
- 3+ years of related experience and a degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
- Intermediate knowledge of Mac OS X
- Linux experience a plus
- General to intermediate level knowledge of corporate infrastructure / network concepts and technologies
- Background in supporting many of the following: VOIP based phone systems, Jamf Suite (100 level), Zoom conferencing, Google Auth and basic network troubleshooting, etc.
- Background in application SaaS support such as: Atlassian, G-Suite Business, MS Office Suite, DocuSign, Saas subscriptions such as LucidChart, the ability to learn and support a wide variety of user interfaces, etc.
- Provide effective communication tailored to the needs of the audience
- Enthusiastic to provide an excellent customer service experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Can-do attitude