Columbia Grain International, LLC. is a long time established full service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 45 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 350 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who can develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
If you thrive on service excellence at all levels, this role is for you! The IT Operations Analyst is a hybrid role: You will join the IT Operations team in providing Service Desk and Tier 1 support across all IT areas; also you will drive incident resolution and the operational success of Tier 1 & 2 support across two or more key service areas. You will use experience in your key areas to build operational excellence, draft knowledge articles, foster continual service improvement, and achieve end user satisfaction. You will contribute to a small, high-performing team, but you are equally comfortable working independently.
Who are we looking for? Were looking for someone who is results-driven, but also takes pride in great customer feedback for any issue, no matter how large or small. We are open to all applicants, but we imagine that this is a great career path for an experienced support technician looking to expand into an ITSM role, or perhaps a contract employee looking for a direct hire position with an established company.
The ideal candidate will have versatile technical skills with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, combined with experience supporting Incident Management, and outstanding customer engagement skills. The candidate will understand how to apply ITIL principles, and preferably will have exposure or experience in other IT Service Management areas such as Problem, Change, Knowledge, Event, or Asset Management.
- Maintain professionalism, good attitude, and appropriate behavior with CGI employees, contractors, vendors, and customers
- Be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability as a team player and a willingness to lend a hand with any project.
- Self-manage personal and group tickets to meet service delivery targets, such as resolution SLAs, while fully resolving user issues.
- Maintain all systems in accordance with CGI established security policies and procedures.
- Support after-hours and on-call duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Operations Manager.
Service Desk (general)
- Provide onsite and remote support for the organization and all users. Actively engage in troubleshooting and resolution of IT issues.
- Intake issues from remote and on-site users, create Service Desk tickets and ensure issues are captured and documented according to best practices. Assign tickets to Tier 1/2/3 support teams.
- Partner with senior members of the team to learn new skills, ask for help, and escalate as needed.
Tier 1 (general)
- Provide Tier 1 support across all IT areas. Actively engage in working and resolving all tickets in the Tier 1 support queue.
- Provision tickets, document ticket actions, validate service restoration, and work tickets to resolution.
- Install and configure hardware, software, operating systems, and applications including desktops, servers, mobile devices, printers, and other IT devices.
- Maintain the inventory and provide accounting for CGI resources including software, server, workstation and laptop systems
Tier 2 (within your key support areas)
- Proactively manage the ticketing environment and assume end-to-end ownership of service interruptions, escalations and other high priority issues.
- Research and evaluate new software and hardware technologies to meet operational objectives and business needs
- Take ownership of Tier 2 support to meet KPI targets for operational availability, including SLAs.
- Deploy, integrate, configure, and operate systems/hardware/applications in your key areas.
- Develop documentation for Tier 1 support including runbooks and KB articles, and guide teams in their usage.
- Support and contribute to Tier 3 development and projects, including investigating and provide feedback on new solutions and new designs.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional IT experience
- Work experience and/or certifications can be substituted for education: ITIL V3 or V4, CompTIA A+ or Microsoft MTA, MCSA or MCSE, or similar
- Considerable (conceptual and practical) knowledge of computer technology, applications, operating systems, and the capabilities and limitations of computer, peripheral, and IT equipment
Preference given for:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Administration, Active Directory, in a Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 environment
- Experience with Group Policies, Software, Security, Login and logout functions
- Experience operating Windows Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 Infrastructure a plus
- Experience Internet Information Server, Web, FTP, SMTP
- Exposure to storage and data management products, Intel based servers, storage and NAS technologies. Nimble a plus.
- Understanding of Firewalls, security appliances and software
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL-Server and client/server
- Understanding of Veeam or other Backup solutions.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Working knowledge of the Citrix Desktop environment
- Scripting experience a plus
Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems support Advanced knowledge in two or more of the following key support areas:
- The Microsoft ecosystem (Microsoft 365, Applications, user management, Active Directory, Azure, Office365, Exchange)
- Citrix, VMWare, Windows Servers and Desktops
- Datacenter, Servers, cloud, and DR
- Software, applications and 3rd party systems (with focus on agricultural applications)
- Data, reporting, and analytics
- Networking (WAN, SDWAN, LAN, WiFi, VPN, Firewalls)
- Enterprise IT Security
- Communication and Collaboration
- Mobility, telephony, and IT hardware provisioning
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer