We are a seed-stage startup (in stealth mode) building the “easy button” software platform for the real estate industry to manage the carbon released during construction. We are repeat founders (with successful exits), who are passionate about doing our part to tackle climate change. Our company is well funded with two years of runway and backed by some of the smartest and well connected VCs in the space. Several large international developers are already indicating strong interest in leveraging the platform and have multi-million dollar budgets.
This is an opportunity to quickly build a venture scale business while working on one of the most important problems of our time. If you share our passion for building high-growth companies and tackling climate change, please reach out to us. It’s an exciting opportunity to help define a software platform that has the ability to make a real difference.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated lead engineer who is interested in being the first employee on the technical team. The lead engineer will report to and work closely with the co-founders and the product designer to create a beautiful, amazing product customers can’t live without. The role includes making key architecture decisions, writing code and recruiting a small team. Experience with modern programming languages and the cloud are important as is comfort working in an agile and iterative process. This position will work closely with the founders as well as product management.
- Make key decisions the company will live with for years (cloud provider, tech stack, programming languages etc.)
- Create the initial architecture for the product that allows us to quickly iterate and incorporate feedback, understand customer usage and maintain a high level of quality
- Quickly iterate to build the MVP and launch with Beta customers
- Integrate with a handful of key data partners
- Recruit the founding engineering team - expected to grow from 4 initially to over 14
- Support revenue growth from zero to $5 million in the first 18 months.
- Continuously communicate and live the mission of the company
- Create foundational processes for how the engineering team will operate and work with other people in the company
- Create the initial QA and security framework
- Work, as needed, with third party providers (security, visual design)
- Decide whether or not to augment the core team with outsourced development teams
- Keep informed of industry trends and new technologies
- We’re a startup, so there will also be other “hats” you may be asked to wear!
- A bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent job experience)
- At least 10 years experience as an engineer for a software company
- At least 2 years experience managing engineering teams
- Interest in digging in and personally writing high-quality code
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a client-centered approach
- Great organizational and time management abilities
- Superb communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with a seed-stage startup where we all wear multiple “hats,” and work in an iterative process as we find product-market fit
Company is based in Lake Oswego, Oregon (Portland Metro), but we are open to remote work.
How to Apply: