**Note that you don't need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is focused on enhancing innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect® to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect uniquely creates Live Traceability™ through siloed development, test, and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
We are looking for a motivated, charismatic servant leader of a team of SREs responsible for developing tools that manage the cloud infrastructure that hosts Jama’s flagship product development platform.
As an Engineer in our team, you seek resolution to problems and mitigate risk, always ensuring a Customer focused experience has occurred. This individual will be working on challenging technical problems with a direct impact on the customer experience. If you are passionate about the opportunity to learn and work on distributed systems, enjoy trouble shooting and solving sophisticated problems, you won’t be disappointed. You will be challenged to invent, build and solve daring problems as well as wear many hats and collaborate with multi-functional teams and customers directly.
In this role, you will:
Lead the SRE Roadmap Team: Jama expects our leaders to inspire their teams to achieve outstanding results by providing ongoing feedback and setting clear expectations on goals, projects and results. This role will be a frontline leader to their team and will partner with teams across the company to ensure our tooling, infrastructure, and monitoring keep pace with the needs of our application.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical expertise to guide, build and maintain internal tools and application and performance monitoring practices.
- Implement by ensuring on-time and on-budget solution deliveries with high quality.
- Involvement with the development of a technical roadmap that drives innovation and continues to evolve the Jama platform.
- Provide clear status of progress to senior leadership and across Jama to enhance information sharing and transparency.
- Hire SREs that are a good team fit and ensure new team members are on-boarded and in a position to contribute toward Jama objectives.
- Bring out the best in your engineers by coaching, mentoring, supporting and nurturing their career growth and helping them connect personal goals to the organization’s goals.
- Understand and champion initiatives to continually evolve Jama’s architecture and platform while keeping customers first.
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions.
- Partner with the Escalations team to ensure they have the support, documentation, and knowledge to respond to incidents that affect our cloud infrastructure or customers.
- 2+ years of experience leading and mentoring a team of Site Reliability Engineers.
- 5+ years of software development experience which includes site reliability engineering for SaaS applications.
- Hands-on experience with a AWS
- Solid understanding of modern development technologies and tools including Agile and CI/CD.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Strengths You'll Need
Loves to solve sophisticated technical problems. You like seemingly impossible challenges as part of your day-to-day work. Rather than be intimidated or frustrated, you enjoy building and using collaborative relationships to develop creative solutions and approaches that get the breakthroughs required for our customers.
Effectively leads engineering teams/groups. You know how to attract and hire quality people, onboard and develop them, establish clear, challenging goals that motivate and empower your team, and address resource issues and roadblocks in a proactive and positive way. You have shown your ability to take a group of inquisitive engineers and build them into an excellent team that delivers consistent and repeatable results.
Is self-motivated, and a true mentor and coach. You know how to ask the right questions of your engineers to ensure final solutions are elegant, scalable, sustainable and exciting. You will understand and have experience with agile product development and lean methodologies and can be a champion for your team’s evolving agile practices.
Is passionate about customer experience. You know that creating a phenomenal customer experience is key to attracting, expanding, and retaining customers. You champion customer success, customer delight and build strong partnerships between Product Operations and other teams like Support, Engineering, and Architecture.
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.