Who We Are
Foureyes® is a category-creating software company that uses a unique dataset to help businesses track, protect, engage, and sell better. (See more at foureyes.io.) Already rapidly-growing, Foureyes is continuing to dominate as evidenced by exponential growth and winning awards from the 2020 Company of the Year from Technology Association of Oregon to Most Innovative Solution of 2020 from DrivingSales. We are currently looking to add a Manager, Software Engineering to our Software Engineering Team.
Curious? Sounds like you’d fit right in. We want to hire smart people who like to work, love a challenge, and want to be a part of something special. As many business owners can attest, the digital age has dramatically changed customer expectations and the role of sales. Foureyes supports smarter sales and marketing with technology built on our patented sales intelligence platform, Foureyes.
As a Manager, Software Engineering, your primary responsibilities will be leading a team of software engineers to build the next features and enhancements for the Foureyes suite of cloud-based software products. Your primary focus will be partnering with the Product Managers to schedule, track, and deliver the backlog of feature requests while coaching and mentoring your engineering team to help them grow and increase their skill sets. You will be responsible for breaking down complex features into system building blocks and provide valuable feedback in design and code reviews. You will work within our Agile development process while also having autonomy to make meaningful process improvements to empower the team to work more efficiently.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading a team as they design, implement, and test new features in our products.
- Working with the product owner to schedule, track, and deliver customer requested features for the Foureyes suite of software products.
- Working with engineers to provide engineering estimates for new features and author project plans.
- Coaching and mentoring existing engineers to empower them to do their best.
- Identifying and surfacing roadblocks for your team and identify dependencies that need executive decisions.
- Recognizing success while balancing long term value versus short term gains.
- Successfully taking a feature from ideation to deployment while working with key stakeholders to get feedback and report status.
You are our ideal Manager, Software Engineering if you have:
- Excellent communication skills for sharing project timeline, risk, and status
- Can collaborate with all stakeholders in the development lifecycle process.
- Strong project management skills for creating estimates and managing team velocity
- Familiarity with Agile software development process (Scrum or Kanban).
- Strong foundation in cloud-based software development with experience with Node, Typescript or Java.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related science degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a software engineer.
- At least 3 years leading a team to deliver key features in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with Product Management to build a plan to execute a road map of feature launches.
- Experience giving direct feedback to senior and junior engineers to advance their careers.
- Experience coaching and mentoring a team of 5 or more engineers.
- A commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace
- A team culture that prioritizes people over politics and forward-progress over egos
- A creative, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Competitive salary and benefits, 401k matching, and commuter/cell phone benefits
- Generous PTO days - in addition to paid holidays
- Career growth and learning opportunities to add new skills to your resume