The Network Innovation and Operations Product Manager is responsible for creating the product strategy, business case, and execution plan for integration with a customer-facing reporting and analytics product in its nascent phase of integration, in support of value-based programming. This role will work extensively in a cross-functional environment with stakeholders across the enterprise and external customers to develop a clear understanding of the needs of the users and how their stories inform the strategic vision of evolving data integration with the customer-facing product. The Product Manager is responsible for all phases of new product development and reliability services including defining business requirements, leading product development, implementing and sustaining the strategic product roadmap, adoption reporting, user management, and product design for both existing and next-generation product offerings.
This role works closely with a burgeoning, collaborative product team to ensure visibility and alignment between high-level vision and practical execution. The Product Manager role is inherently cross-functional and will network, ideate, and bring clarity to ambiguity in close collaboration with business partners, the product team, and the development teams in order to ensure all teams are delivering high-quality products that solve real market needs.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Manage the product roadmap and prioritization process, including defining the deliverables into discrete commitments (sprint planning).
- Directs the product management activities for products to meet business, market segmentation and financial goals.
- Produces product requirements for and interfaces and documents initiatives with marketing, UX, engineering and category management teams.
- Understands the target market and primary user needs for a product.
- Synthesizes business requirements from multiple sources including or may include customer segments, healthcare product experts, brokers, and sales teams into requirement documents and agile project plans.
- Define the feature sets, and business requirements from multiple sources, focusing on measures of success, and product roadmap.
- Contribute to the long term product vision.
- May conduct market research by working with internal teams and visits to customers and other relevant companies
- Manage a products life-cycle from planning to tactical activities to cross company go to market planning.
- May specify product requirements in the form of functional requirements, user stories, wireframes, and their objectives.
- Define and drives the solutions across all departments including the development of company-wide go to market plans.
- Collaborates with team to develop and deploy strategies for improving customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Writes accurate and useful functional specifications for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures that all issues are identified, reported, tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
- Proven record of creating successful products based on a balance of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Concrete experience managing complex products (preferably in healthcare) through a product development lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Demonstrated project management skills including effective planning, organizing, and administration of multi-functional work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize features and enhancements, and are data driven and a student of test driven design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including formal presentations and the facilitation of group planning sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize findings, prepare reports, create executive level documents and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and managing highly successful products for healthcare preferred.
- Experience with analytics, forecasting, and developing business cases.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to operate independently to navigate organizational complexities and to obtain resources needed to move initiatives forward.
- Ability to write executive level documents and make executive level presentations.
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- For technology specific roles:
- Mobile / Desktop software experience across top-tier platforms or relevant consumer software experience, if applicable to role.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, project and product management best practices
- Strong understanding of web design/development concepts and processes, and industry best practices for ecommerce, if applicable to role.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
The Product Manager I would have a BA/BS in Business Administration or relevant field with 4+ years’ experience in a product management position in healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and experience. For technology specific roles experience in consumer-facing software & services or a start-up environment preferred.
- No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- Travel required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours.
The expected hiring range for a Network Innovation & Ops Product Manager is $88,500 - $120,500/year depending on skills, experience, education, and training; relevant licensure / certifications; performance history; and work location. The bonus target for this position is 15%. The current full salary range for this role is $83,500 to $136,000/year.
Base pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we periodically update to stay current. Some highlights:
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account ($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on hire date)
- paid time off varying by role and tenure in addition to 10 company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a potential discretionary contribution based on company performance (no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of employment if within first 12 months following birth or adoption)
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various well-being activities. for a complete list see our External Total Rewards page.