The People Operations Manager will be responsible for the functional components of human resources, specifically in the areas of HR payroll project management, operational processes data integrity and metrics reporting. This position will report to the Sr. Director of People. The right candidate will have a strong background in implementing and managing HR programs and experience creating and managing DE&I initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage current HR Systems, solutions and processes
- Manage leave administration, workers’ comp and COBRA with carrier and employees
- Continually evaluate, develop and implement solutions that meet HR strategic and operational objectives
- Establish and manager HR vendor relationships as needed for ongoing and special projects
- Ensure integrity of data housed in HR information systems and ensure data aligns with payroll and carrier requirements
- Oversee regulatory compliance in partnership with legal and compliance team
- Oversee the collection of metrics related to HR and analyze the data to create opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Oversee the transactional processes for onboarding and offboarding employees and all transactions for these processes
- Other job related duties and responsibilities will be assigned as our business evolves and grows
- Build and maintain DE&I initiatives
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 5 years with progressive responsibility in HR operations, including HRIS management and benefits administration
- ADP expertise is a must, with a track record of successful implementation and benefit carrier transitions
- Maintains payroll operations and ensures regular and open communication with payroll service provider
- Experience in recommending, creating and implementing HR back-office processes that help to scale the company.
- Hands-on experience with business process design; external systems integrations;
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements including AAP & EEO plans and/or other key HR compliance areas, as well as corporate audit and SOX compliance.
- Maintain human resource records by recording new hires, terminations, job changes, merit increases, and tracking of time off
- Documents human resource actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Strong analysis skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks.
- Excellent communication and listening skills; strong team player.
- Strong systems thinking and planning skills.
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical proficiency with HR systems, Google Apps, and MS Office tools.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.