The ideal candidate is an energetic Communications professional with experience creating and executing successful SaaS technology marketing communications programs and campaigns that drive meaningful brand awareness. This is a critical position for the Act-On team and will be focused on bringing the company's vision and differentiators clearly to the market, and delivering on those activities with measurable results. We hope you’re excited for the chance to be in the driver’s seat, shaping PR strategy using your creativity and finesse alongside a supportive leadership staff open to new ideas. You’ll be supporting an edgy, independent technology brand with incredible fresh brand positioning, mission and vision with some of the top outlaws in the marketing automation space.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and lead the day-to-day execution of the company’s public relations plan meant to increase brand awareness, market optics and hit sales targets. Ensure results are measurable, visible, and regularly inspected for improvements.
- Build and nurture relationships with media and industry influencers.
- Spearhead media pitching and write content for placement opportunities; including press releases, bylines, and interview briefings.
- Develop a steady flow of company news across product, partners, industry, and the company to ensure Act-On is continuously visible and highlight its progression in the market.
- Lead the planning and implementation of PR initiatives for the brand, and coordinate cross functionally with demand generation, product and sales to ensure integration and consistency.
- Work closely with customer marketing to identify a ‘bench’ of successful customers and implement strategies and tactics that will bring their stories to the press.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a quarterly communications calendar that is visible to stakeholders, and brings a coherent story to the marketplace.
- Work with the broader marketing team to track and conduct market research to identify customer or industry trends to position the company’s thought leadership; continuously probe for new opportunities.
- Regularly brainstorm creative ideas with the marketing team to drive earned media and brand coverage, and set the brand apart.
- Keep an up-to-date media coverage report on our company intranet.
- Use our media monitoring tool to track earned media coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- 4+ years public relations and communications experience
- Demonstrated track record of driving change and successful communications projects, with well-defined results that connect directly to business objectives
- Ability to create thoughtful differentiated messaging and cultivate emotional connections geared toward winning the hearts and minds of buyers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to move between strategic thinking and detailed execution, managing priorities and staying organized throughout
- Strong track record of delivering earned media results in publications of note
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to translate, distill, and simplify technical details into human insights
- A proven track record of demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking, attention to detail and ability to identify and act on critical priorities
What We Offer
- Generous Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Discretionary 401k matching
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- Stock options
- 3 weeks paid parental leave on top of state paid family leave, including for adoption
- Monthly fitness allowance
- Monthly parking or transit allowance
- Life Insurance
- A real opportunity to make an impact at work and more!
At Act-On Software, we strive to uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel respected, valued and a true sense of belonging. We welcome applicants irrespective of race or ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, educational background, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status, and we’d love to explore what you can add to our team.