In this role, you will be part of an agile team to (re)imagine what is possible. You’ll be helping our team design and implement cloud-based Enterprise Data Management (EDM) (micro)services and other software components using modern best practices. EDM services include a new master data management services (organizations & persons), data enrichment services (organizations and persons), consent preference management, and more.
This role will collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, Cloud Operations, and the Engineering Team to ensure that EDM projects and applications are delivering the right information to our stakeholders. Further, this role is expected to be a hands-on contributor, the ability to operate with minimal direction, as well as technical leader.
Ideally, you are a broadly experienced software engineer who loves working with data and is able to architect and implement solutions across all application layers. We are excited to work in cloud environments and microservices, and hope you are too. Our team is comfortable with several languages and paradigms and always try to choose the technology which is most appropriate for the task. We endeavor to automate our tests and deployments. We look for those interested in relational and non-relational persistence layers and look to combine them for the appropriate usage cases.
- Technical leadership and ownership of specific areas of our capabilities
- Engineering software on new and existing data pipelines and systems
- Solution architecture for new and existing data pipelines and systems
- Maintaining and supporting existing data pipelines and systems
- Participating as a proactive team member in an agile environment
- Consulting and interviewing stakeholders to understand requirements for software architecture and implementations
- Testing implementations to guarantee they perform to specifications and requirements.
- Providing mentorship to team members
- Experience with CI/CD and familiarity TDD/BDD. Preferably you have concrete examples of each
- Strong experience using and designing for relational databases.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across an organization
- Desire to investigate and follow best practices
- Experience and familiarity with the roles/responsibilities of Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge with a good attitude
- Strong experience in Python and AWS
- Strong experience in distributed and cloud architecture patterns
- Experience with: JVM, Terraform or CloudFormation, Non-relational DB experience (Neo4j, Cassandra, Mongo, DynamoDB, etc.), Informatica MDM, Hadoop ecosystem, NodeJS, Scala, Elasticsearch
The Ideal Candidate
- You aren’t afraid to try new technologies, languages, or engineering challenges
- You have expert communication and cooperation skills
- You have 10+ years’ experience in all facets of software engineering with a strong focus on data
- You are able to fully develop a feature across all data and application layers from inception
- You are able to provide detailed architecture artifacts (L1 / L2 diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc)
- You have strong experience in API architecture (REST) and hands on implementation experience
- You have experience building and deploying applications with AWS or Azure
- You have strong familiarity with at least one type safe language. Familiarity with multiple languages of any type, preferred
- You are familiar with different programming paradigms (e.g. OOP vs Functional) and have worked through a cross section of the software engineering spectrum (APIs, Front-end, Backend, Data layers, Service layers, etc.)
- You aren’t dogmatic about a particular programming language. Language agnostic programmers welcome
- You have a strong sense of ownership with a bias for action
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.