We build the cutting-edge software behind wow-worthy virtual events—helping the biggest, boldest brands shine on the world stage. Behind the curtain, our talented teams take the spotlight, with a standing ovation for every person’s special sparkle. Fast Company named Brandlive 2021’s #1 most innovative live events company because our people make magic every day—for our clients and for each other. We’re going big and growing fast; ready to rock a role with us?
Brandlive is looking for a Principal Engineer to join the team! As a principal engineer, you’ll help guide the team technically, helping us make the best decisions for the incredible products we are creating every day.
- Act as a senior member of the team in both a technical leadership and individual contributor roles.
- Run towards fires to help the team succeed.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality, and operational needs.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights. Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems.
- Understand overall technical requirements, priorities and success metrics to design system architectures and successful implementations.
- Collaborate with sprint teams, QA, and dev ops on technical issues and guidance. Contribute to the design and architecture of features to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software.
- Strong mentoring, coaching, and leadership experience. Drive and participate in best practices, code, architecture, and document reviews.
- Focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and availability of applications and processes. Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates.
- Work with product managers, stakeholders, designers, and customer success to understand customer needs, user experiences, provide insights and promote best practices.
- Create a track record of delivery, trust and collaboration, resolving conflicts and blockers with creative problem-solving and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- 7+ years hands-on experience developing scalable, customer facing web and software applications.
- Strong hands-on experience working with Node.js and TypeScript. Deep understanding of React, SQL, and AWS.
- Experience with video production, editing, and delivery in software.
- Proven technical leadership and mentoring experience, ideally in a role such as principal, team lead or other senior technical leader.
- Strong practical experience building RESTful web services and microservices.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical-thinking
- A scientific approach to understanding performance, driven by hypothesis-driven thinking
- Comfortable with ambiguity; highly adaptable to new circumstances
- Natural drive to find creative and efficient solutions
- Verbal and written fluency in professional business communication required in English
Brandlive Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by law. Brandlive will conduct a background check on final candidates following a formal offer of employment as a condition of employment. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with applicable law.