As a Principal Software Engineer at CrowdStreet, you'll be an important part of our team, collaborating on a scalable, next-generation platform. You'll bring your passion for defining and implementing software that delivers high-impact value to our customers. You care about writing clean and performant code and can work on front-end or back-end tasks. You'll add features, help resolve performance and scalability problems, and develop functionality to allow investors to evaluate investment opportunities, complete an online investment transaction workflow, build a real estate portfolio, track investment performance and chart returns.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Design, implement, and deliver production quality code to support new features on our product roadmap.
- Research new technologies and solutions.
- Work with product management and team members to understand business requirements and provide accurate estimations.
- Collaborate on our technology roadmap and turn visions into reality.
- Document all code; share and communicate with others on the engineering team.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to mid and earlier career engineers.
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer building modern web applications in Java using an Agile development process
- 7+ years experience with data Modeling and querying w/ SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (such as MongoDB)
- 5+ years experience building a REST API's
- Experience with Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket or Stash.
- Passion for writing and delivering high-quality code
- Demonstrate your experience designing and maintaining a continuous Integration delivery pipeline
- Desire to mentor and educate team members
The Competencies You'll Need:
- Amazon Web Services (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of security best practices when building web applications
The What | Technical/Functional:
You will be working on a modern front-end stack consisting of ReactJS (w/ Redux). Our backend is comprised of Java, using Lambda microservices where applicable. We use Atlassian tools (JIRA, BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines) and Amazon Web Services for continuous integration and deployment. We follow standard Agile / Scrum processes with sprints, stories, stand-ups, retrospectives and a fast automated zero-downtime deployment process.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission:
Collaboration: Seek diverse input, participate in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
Impact: Embrace the journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
We offer comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible PTO, family leave, a 401K, a monthly stipend to support remote work, and regular in-person gatherings, and culture created through shared core values. See more detail about our benefits here.