Thanks for considering Edify! Edify is the frictionless way to onboard software engineers. Our software allows engineering managers to create technical onboarding plans in record time and deploy them to new hires automatically! Edify's big vision is to be the operating system for high-performing engineering teams - all while helping those teams become more equitable and inclusive. If you believe in a future where all software engineers, from junior to senior, feel included on their teams and supported to be their best, we want you at Edify!
Edify is thrilled to have just graduated from the Techstars Seattle 2021 class! We recently closed our $2M seed round led by Flying Fish Partners, along with amazing investors like Atlassian Ventures, Portland Seed Fund, Rogue Ventures, and a group of hard working angel investors. We are also a completely remote company, so you can live and work anywhere you want (as long as you are qualified to work in the United States.)
Learn more about what we build at Edify by taking a look at our demo here. You can also see a personal message from Edify's CEO, @Kristen Buchanan here:
About the Role
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively with Product, Engineering and Customer Operations to shape the user experience by conceptualizing the conversational experiences across different modalities. This cross-functional team is responsible for applying automation and AI technologies, primarily conversational AI (chatbots), to define, design, and refine a frictionless end-to-end experience for our users. Within this team you will serve as the primary product owner for eddy, Edify's conversational slack bot, informing product scope, requirements, and prioritization.
The conversation designer will need to transform user needs across critical points of the customer journey into organic and actionable solutions via conversational AI technology.
Expertise will include strong contextual writing abilities and envisioning end-to-end learning experiences utilizing conversational AI as the primary interface.
This is a hands-on role that requires expert creative and conversational scripting skills that allow users to have effective and engaging experiences via conversational AI design practices, tools, and technology. Ultimately, you will help developers and engineering managers achieve their goals via Edify's mission: to remove friction from every aspect of an engineering team's daily life, enabling them to build the best products in the world.
During this transformative stage of company growth, you will...
- Be responsible for defining, shaping and delivering conversational AI experiences that are creative, engaging and consistent to solve new hire, engineering manager, and engineering team needs
- Craft high-level and detailed conversational scripts, task flows, and mockups to effectively communicate chat and voice interaction and design ideas
- Assist in the design, user mapping, and prototyping of eddy's administrative webUI as it integrates with the bot experience
- Engage and develop user testing scenarios for proposed and existing conversation interaction experiences to support new products or enhancements, test and learn pilots and deploy solutions at scale
- Integrate input from users, stakeholders, leadership, and product metrics to identify areas for improvement and script new conversational experiences
- Develop guidelines, best practices, and resources to assist in conversational and UI design inside and outside of Slack
- Collaborate with Marketing, organizational subject matter owners, and other stakeholders in the update and maintenance of content for the knowledge base as needed for system optimization and to enhance the user experience
This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on experience, including equity.
You might be the right fit for this role if you...
...connect with people by facilitating genuine conversation and actively listening, and are energized by helping them solve their problems
...are resourceful, and would love thinking creatively about how to support engineering teams as they scale
...get excited about talking with engineers and engineering managers about building high-performing teams
...know how to cope with and work through the VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, chaos, and ambiguity) of being part of an early-stage start-up
...respect yourself and your teammates by setting and upholding boundaries to sustain yourself and your wellness
- At least 3 years of experience in a product design, UX, conversational design, or related role.
- You have demonstrated an ability to be a collaborate teammate, as well as the ability to work autonomously
- Extremely strong written communication skills
- Experience with Chatbot/Knowledge Base/Conversational AI platform solutions (ex: Slack, Amazon Lex, Boldchat, LiveChat, Drift, Intercom, etc.)
- Experience with chatbot and other prototyping tools like Figma, Botsociety or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/lean environment
- Strong knowledge and experience as a content designer and/or editor for digital experiences
- Obsessed with customer experience and technology
- Empathetic, smart, and ambitious
- Technical, detail-oriented mindset, with the ability to analyze and synthesize data