We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, collaborative, innovative, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Vacasa is seeking an experienced Guest App Product Manager for our digital guest experience team. We build tools that help our guests find, select and purchase vacation rentals. In addition, we help make their transition from everyday life into their vacation a smooth one. We're looking for someone who has demonstrated excellence in turning great ideas into results that delight customers and drive growth, with a specific emphasis on eCommerce and digital products.
As a Senior Product Manager on our Guest Experience team, you’ll own your roadmap and contribute to the future of guest satisfaction via our guest apps product owner for fast-paced scrum teams that are busy innovating on features that will drive our next level of growth.
In this role you’ll work directly with business stakeholders and a highly-collaborative team of product managers, designers, researchers, analysts and engineers to deeply understand the user journey and use that data to positively impact the guest experience and deliver business value for Vacasa.
What You’ll Do:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the evolution of our mobile applications
- Identify product innovation opportunities that align with customer needs and business priorities; build supporting business cases backed by data to pursue those opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify the best options to deliver on a reasonable schedule, validating and documenting project requirements and workflows
- Build out your product roadmap and communicate decisions to key stakeholders
- Facilitate the delivery of business value through direct support of development teams following Scrum methodology, including building and prioritizing team backlogs, coordinating bi-weekly sprints and leading and participating in standard scrum ceremonies (standup, retrospective, etc.)
- Spec writing, author user stories, product acceptance criteria and other day to day tasks that keep sprints and teams on track
- Ideate, test, measure, and iterate to drive feature and platform enhancements
- Report regularly on project and OKR progress; conduct quarterly ROI analysis
What You'll Need:
- 3 years of professional experience as a Product Manager for an eCommerce or Digital product.
- A strong understanding of mobile development standards and UI best practices
- Bachelor’s degrees in Marketing, Business, Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a track record of delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
- Experience conducting user research and working closely with product design/UX teams
- The standard set of PM skills: understanding markets, competition, and user problems to articulate why and how we should build
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels and disciplines, from Marketing, PR, BI, data management, engineering, security, legal, C-levels, et al.
- Experience using backlog management tools such as Jira or equivalent
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings