As a Product Marketing Manager, you will partner as a critical link to our lines of business to deliver value to our target market segments, prospects, and customers. You will be responsible for creating, developing, and leading the strategic planning, positioning, messaging, go to market programs, and analysis within the Connected Construction Management suite of products and services. In the development of value propositions and messaging, you will understand construction market trends and assess customer segment and persona needs, including business workflows and product fit. Your passion for understanding competitive strengths and weaknesses will uncover additional opportunities to message highly differentiated solutions to targeted market segments. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products and create go to market programs that drive business and sales objectives. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the strong ability to collaborate across functional teams is crucial.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solution positioning & messaging – integrate market, competitor, and product knowledge into differentiated statements of product value that form the foundation of product’s go to market plan.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on construction market trends, analyze competitor strengths and weaknesses and publish findings; translate market intelligence into developing highly differentiated and value based product messaging.
- Customer insight & segmentation – be knowledgeable on customer needs including information/education required to fill customer knowledge gaps on product benefits; acquire intelligence and share findings through customer interviews, surveys and focus group sessions; be proficient in buyer profiles, how they buy and their buying criteria; create segmentation profiles based on quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Solution knowledge – grasp product functionality and translate technical capabilities into value statements and benefits; effectively describe, position and share how the product is distinguished from competitive offerings; develop and deliver presentations and product release download sessions to market, prospect, and customer-facing teams
- Solution thought leadership – create product thought leadership assets including white papers, blog articles, presentations and other content that increases product attractiveness and awareness.
- Solution launch – plan and oversee the launch of new and enhanced products and releases; represent the voice of the market and the customer at the cross-functional product team meetings.
- Solution collateral development – ensure all collateral and online content describing the product is complete, relevant and differentiated.
- Solution packaging & pricing - identify promotions and product bundles that drive differentiated value and create interest and demand for product.
- Solution adoption & usage - create programs to drive post-sale adoption and usage of the product
- Solution performance analysis - analyze current performance of all GTM-facing programs, derive relevant insights, and recommend new or enhanced programs to grow the product and line of business
- Product Marketing is responsible for the following programs and the Product Marketing Manager may be called upon to lead in the following areas:
- Viewpoint Industry Advisor (customer) group annual meeting session content development.
- Viewpoint Development Partner Program partner application review, new partner on-boarding and annual customer marketing program execution - including partner sponsorship opportunities at Viewpoint Customer Conferences.
- Understanding of basic marketing, sales, customer success, and business management principles.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Ability to understand industry issues and how Connected Construction Management addresses these issues.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of Viewpoint’s software products and remain expert on current product knowledge both from an internal and from a user perspective.
- Knowledge of long-range and operational planning techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate a product in an effective, professional presentation manner.
- Ability to operate as a matrix manager in coordinating people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Effectively applies broad, in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent project management, technical, business, and professional issues.
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with all internal teams, customers, industry leaders and partners.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Designs and manages processes that are in alignment with company standards for effective delivery of project goals.
- Effectively develops and uses a systematic approach to analyze and solve problems. Acts proactively to anticipate risk and seeks to mitigate them before they occur. Visualizes the big picture and effectively identifies key issues and designs harmonious and effective solutions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to ensuring timely, quality solutions to issues.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment with all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Uses ethical principles to guide decisions and actions; demonstrates honesty and integrity in managing people and resources; and treats others with respect, fairness, and concern for their welfare.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, sales or marketing plus a minimum of five years of experience in product marketing within the high technology industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Program and partner relationship management experience.
- Skilled Microsoft Office and Google Suite software including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and Outlook.
- The position requires both domestic and international travel up to 25%. The successful candidate will be willing and able to meet travel requirements.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for a passport are required. Also required is the ability to qualify for a company credit card or possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses.
- Graduate degree preferably in business management, marketing, or planning is a plus.
- Knowledge of construction industry workplace and processes is a plus.
- Experience in product-led growth GTM organizations
- General knowledge of enterprise software and data
- Product marketing experience with a global enterprise.