At nLIGHT, we are constantly on the cutting-edge of laser technology in a massively growing market. We are a leading provider of high-power semiconductors and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, and aerospace & defense applications, to name a few. Our lasers are changing not only the way things are made, but also changing the things that can be made.
Headquartered in Camas, Washington, nLIGHT is a publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR).
About the Role
The Quality Engineer is responsible for leading the resolution of all customer satisfaction and supplier quality issues. The successful candidate will have a strong background in quality systems, leading continuous improvement activities, problem solving, and ensuring compliance with a quality management system.
Quality System Management
- Manages NCM process by leading MRB in Hillsboro, reporting NCM metric and driving improvement actions.
- Manages internal audit schedule for Hillsboro, ensuring all audits are completed on time.
- Manages QMS document release and Axapta updates once ECOs are approved.
- Provides CofCs as required for Customer shipments.
- Supports PDM implementation for Hillsboro.
- Ensures data collection methods are robust so that data integrity is unquestionable.
- Update manufacturing scorecard weekly.
- Benchmarks common processes between Hillsboro and Vancouver and ensure standardization of best practices.
- Manages SPC process, including maintenance and improvement of IQS Proficient ‘projects’.
- Works with process owners to ensure that SPC drives improvements: Cpk = 1.33 --> 2.0 --> >2.0.
- Assists process owners with Measurement System Analysis and data analysis; improvements through Design of Experiments; and prevention through control programs, process standardization, and poka-yoke techniques.
- Drives containment and improvement activities as soon as key processes deviate from goal.
- Provides guidance and support to Hillsboro Inspectors. Verify inspection failures as required.
- Develops upplier capabilities by identifying improvement opportunities through Supplier Quality Metrics and driving Supplier Improvement Plans.
- Provides training to sustain improvement activities.
- Supports all NPI programs through implementation of Quality Plans for each program including new supplier/new part/new process qualification and integration into the existing QMS.
- Leads at least 2 Six Sigma/8D projects per year.
- Supports Customer and ISO audits of Hillsboro.
- 5+ years experience working as a Quality Engineer, preferably in a microelectronics field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math, or Statistics is required.
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills.
- Experience using statistical software, such as Minitab.
- Experience leading various Design of Experiment activities to achieve improved performance and implementing appropriate statistical process controls to maintain these improvements is preferred.
- Robust audit experience, including supplier auditing, is preferred.
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification and ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt are preferred.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation package
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, increasing by 1 day each year up to 4 weeks, plus paid holidays
- Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month following start date
- Medical & Dental Benefits including Prescription, Orthodontia and Vision with premiums as low as $35.00 per pay period
- Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, you must be a US Person (that is, a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident).