We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
We’re seeking a release engineer to own building and releasing our products and services. The release engineer is knowledgeable about source control, development, build systems, configuration, packaging, distributing, installing and test integration. You oversee the process that takes committed code to a tested installer. In addition, you play a role assuring the quality of the final product: You will work with developers on automated testing, as well as design and develop your own testing tools. Your overall goal is to produce an increasingly higher quality final product.
What You'll Do
- Maintain and improve the build process for our Windows, macOS, iOS and Quest apps.
- Maintain and improve the installation experience of our apps.
- Maintain and improve the build and release process for our cloud components.
- Design and develop test utilities to ensure the quality of releases.
What You’ll Use
- Build pipelines run in Jenkins, Buildkite and Bitbucket pipelines, but you’re free to rework these systems.
- Building happens on a mix of local and remote servers, running Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Install and update technology varies per platform: WiX Toolset and NSIS on Windows, Sparkle on macOS, and app stores.
- You’re curious, and enjoy finding and using new technologies.
- You’re broad — you enjoy building solutions on top of existing tools, and have experience with a wide variety of industry tools related to building and installing.
- You have experience programming but aren’t interested in writing commercial software. It’s a tool you use for internal projects and testing.
- You care about correct, verifiable results. When something is broken, you want to do more than fix it, you want to understand it.
- You enjoy being on a team: Build requirements shift as products grow, requiring frequent communication with your fellow engineers.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We create experiences for people, not devices. We strive to create joy and allow our humanity to shine through our work. Among the things you will enjoy about working here:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time and unlimited PTO
- Paid family/parental leave
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team here at The Wild. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. The Wild is an equal opportunity employer: we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.