At Anitian we believe security can be a force for good. As such, we are on a mission to make security and compliance easy for all. We harness the power and scale of the cloud to empower developers with automated, accelerated, autonomous, and accommodating security technologies.
Anitian is a place where smart people get to be smart. When you join our team, you will enjoy a workplace of creative problem solvers who cherish intelligence, compassion, and boldness. You will also enjoy the immediate respect of industry peers, as Anitian is recognized as a thought leader in information security.
COVID-19 Notice: During the pandemic, Anitian is conducting all interviews online with video conference technology. New employees are being onboarded virtually and provided the tools they need to begin employment working remote from home.
This position can remain fully remote.
Security Engineers are Anitian's first line of troubleshooting and tuning expertise for our Security Operations services. They are strong resources for security platform and cloud troubleshooting, maintenance, and implementation for Anitian's Security Operations clients. Security Engineers are security and IT generalists, applying their security and cloud platform experience to help solve ever-changing sets of problems and maintain high-quality security environments. They work tickets and help answer questions from clients and internal staff, such as analysts, product managers, and developers. Security Engineers are adaptable at expanding and applying their security technology experience to keep up with industry and client needs and are expected to assist with delivery and implementation of our service.
Security Engineers require general IT and security platform experience with some cloud familiarity:
- Troubleshoot, maintain, configure, and tune the following kinds of platforms:
- Public and private cloud (i.e., AWS and VMware)
- Next Generation Firewalls (i.e., FortiGate, Cisco Meraki, Barracuda, Palo Alto)
- Cloud or virtual servers (i.e., Linux and Windows)
- Vulnerability scanning and management (i.e., Tenable.SC, Nessus, Qualys)
- Endpoint Protection Platforms (i.e., Trend Micro, Carbon Black, SentinelOne)
- SIEM (i.e., Splunk, Elastic Stack)
- Perform and assist with vulnerability management and vulnerability management automation
- Perform and document application and operating system updates
- Work with architectures containing FIM, IPS, DLP, configuration management and code repositories
- Implement and troubleshoot scripted solutions
- Work collaboratively within a team to answer client issues in a timely manner
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Display effective time and ticket management
Required Work Experience
- At least three years of IT experience including system and network administration
- One year experience with common enterprise security platforms such as NGFW, SIEM, and Vulnerability Management
- Familiarity with FedRAMP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing technology landscape
- Effective ability to understand and implement complex systems
- Minimum Associate-level networking
- Experience/understanding of DevOps, Scrum, or Agile methodologies
- Understanding of various compliance and auditing frameworks, i.e., FedRAMP, NIST, PCI
Education, Certifications and Training
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Relevant certificates evaluated, but not required