Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
We are seeking a skilled and passionate Security Operations Analyst to join a small team focused on building and maturing Dutchie’s detection and response capabilities in a cloud-native environment. The Security Operations Analyst will be responsible for creating security monitoring and alerts, responding to security incidents, writing documentation, and advising employees and partners on best security practices. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of security concepts, experience with cloud security, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. This role will operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment, and will be empowered to build systems and processes that shape Dutchie’s security program for years to come.
What You'll Do...
- Create, implement, and maintain security monitoring and alerts in a cloud-native environment
- Monitor security tools for indicators of compromise or non-compliance
- Lead interdepartmental teams in investigating and resolving security incidents
- Develop and maintain security documentation, policies, and procedures
- Provide security guidance and best practices to employees and partners
- Participate in regular tabletop exercises, penetration tests, and security audits
- Stay up-to-date on the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation strategies
- Perform periodic security assessments and testing to identify potential vulnerabilities
- Develop and maintain security metrics and dashboards to measure the effectiveness of security controls
What You Bring...
- At least 4-5 years of experience in a security operations role
- Strong understanding of security concepts and best practices
- Proficiency with security tools such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, and vulnerability scanners
- Experience leading interdepartmental teams in the investigation and remediation of security incidents
- Experience with cloud security, e.g., AWS or Azure
- Understanding of cybersecurity threats, controls, and the impact of both on business operations
- Knowledge of common security threats and TTPs (tactics, techniques, and procedures)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It's a bonus if you...
- Relevant certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CYSA+, or AWS Security Specialty
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field
- Experience with application security
- Hands-on experience with SOAR tools (XSOAR, Phantom, etc.)
- Experience presenting to executive leadership and/or large groups
- Experience building integrations and automations
- Experience with penetration testing, red teaming, or offensive operations
- Familiarization with common compliance frameworks, e.g., GDPR, PCI, CCPA, HIPAA, etc.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance