Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised $253M in funding to date, backed by Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity as we are in the early stages of building our team & defining dutchi’s data strategy. As a Senior Software/Data Engineer in the Data Platforms team, you will have an impactful role in defining data warehouse architecture, roles & access management, the underlying infrastructure, operational workflow, building data pipelines for both data acquisition & data integration, automating manual processes, & picking the tech stack, etc.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with product engineering, infrastructure, & operations teams. You will partner with analytics engineers, data analysts, data scientists, ML engineers & product managers.
If you are a strong detail-oriented self-starter Software/Data Engineer familiar with modern data stach who wants to work in a fast-paced environment, strives for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals, and has excellent organizational skills, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Do...
- Build, maintain & operate scalable, performant & containerized infrastructure
- Build robust scalable data processing and data integration pipelines using Python, Kafka, Spark, REST API endpoints and microservices to ingest data from a variety of external data sources to Snowflake
- Help architecte & manage Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand the specific requirements for metrics and analysis
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for product and business teams to make data-driven decision
- Build and maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS services
- Create data frameworks to help with data quality, data integrity, data integration, & self-service
- Continue to improve the performance and reliability of our data warehouse
- Orchestrate sophisticated data flow patterns across a variety of disparate tooling
- Build and enforce a pattern language across our data stack, ensuring that our event taxonomy and tables are consistent, accurate, and well-understood
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, creating and maintaining scalable data pipelines
- Demonstrated experience writing clean, efficient & well-documented Python code and are willing to become effective in other languages as needed
- Demonstrated experience writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Experience with Snowflake (BigQuery, Redshift), Postgres
- Experience with Git, Kafka, AWS Infrastructure & services
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Expertise in gathering data through multiple sources through API calls and scripting languages
- Experience with transforming, developing data structures, metadata, dependency and data workflows to support the Analytics, Data Science & ML functions
- Project management skills and a demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance