At CrowdStreet we're building a data science team to combine machine learning with business intelligence to create solutions that can help the business serve users of our platform. The diversity of questions and issues that we face forces us to bring tools of multiple disciplines to bear on the hardest problems that we face. We are looking for a curious and creative data scientist to join us in reinventing and democratizing private equity real estate investing. As a Senior Data Scientist at CrowdStreet, you'll be a part of a small and expanding Data Science team. Using our maturing data warehouse platform you will identify impactful problems and build algorithmic and machine learning solutions to address these. You will bring your ideas to life by building on a foundation of business support, clear vision, and engaged internal users while reporting to our Director of Data Science.
- Use existing data sets and identify (and trial) alternative data sets to test hypotheses through experimentation and model building.
- In collaboration with relevant partners create and articulate hypotheses on what may guide customer behavior or affect private equity real estate markets and dynamics.
- Collaborate with every segment of the business, collecting requirements, understanding processes and flow and use this information to build ML and AI models to help solve the issue at hand.
- Present your models & results internally to the team, partners and CrowdStreet's leadership team.
- Develop an understanding of customer behavior and private equity real estate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in relevant STEM field (e.g., Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or Engineering).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within applied data science, i.e., used to being for creating business value.
- Experience manipulating large data sets, building machine learning models and recommendation engines, performing time-series analysis, customer behavior analysis (click-stream data), etc.
- Strong independent development of advanced machine learning models to draw insights from large data sets.
- Fluency in at least one common open-source statistical programming language (Python a plus) and strong SQL skills.
- Practical experience with cloud computing ecosystems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Comfortable working in cloud-native data warehouses and data lakes to manipulate large data sets (Snowflake a plus).
- Financial, real estate or marketing experience is a plus.
We offer comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible PTO, family leave, a 401K, a monthly stipend to support remote work, and regular in-person gatherings, and culture created through shared core values.
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to provide the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are essential to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.