Autodesk is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team in building the next-generation Autodesk Appstore: a go-to marketplace for extensions, plugins, and web applications for Autodesk products and cloud services. This is an amazing opportunity help shape and build the vision from the ground up. You will be part of the vibrant, fast-moving Autodesk Platform Services organization, designing and building an integrated marketplace where third-party developers worldwide will interact with customers worldwide to enhance, extend, and build upon Autodesk products and services. As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will be joining an incredibly talented and seasoned engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work with many new and exciting technologies and frameworks used throughout Autodesk’s developer's platform and eCommerce services.
Please note, this role can be remote or hybrid model. West Coast time zone.
Your responsibilities will range across the stack as you work with the product owner, experience designer, and other engineers to develop and maintain this new secure, scalable, available, and performant set of microservices. As a senior engineer on the team, you will be highly involved in the system design of the service, evaluate implementations, and code reviews.
- Design and develop new capabilities end to end and improve existing code
- Focus on quality, including developing test automation for a multi-tier, distributed, web application
- Focus on quality, including writing unit/integration tests
- Contribute to software design and architecture by leveraging cloud design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle
- Contribute to processes and deliverables improvements that increase the team's effectiveness and efficiency in responding to customer and business needs
- Conduct research and make recommendations on tools, services, and standards to use for engineering efforts
- Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly
- Coordinate change deployment and release testing effort
- Work closely with customers to support production services in an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Actively engage with various stakeholders and participate in agile team meetings
- 5+ years of relevant experience building large-scale web applications based on AWS using services such as ECS, S3, Lambda, etc.
- Experience working as a full stack software engineer
- Experience in test automation design and development
- Backend micro-services engineering (Lambda, Node, relational and non-relational databases)
- AWS cloud architecture and infrastructure management
- Experience in at least one Object Oriented programming language e.g. C#, Java, C++
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and working with a deployment pipeline
- Comfortable with working in Linux and Windows environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with microservices and working with Docker, Kubernetes, and serverless deployments
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience in working with Unit and End to End testing frameworks e.g. Jest, Cypress, XUnit
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment