nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
nLIGHT is seeking a Senior HR Generalist to join our HR team located in Vancouver, Washington. This role will support our location in Hillsboro approximately 20% of the time.
You will work closely with management providing day-to-day HR support for the manufacturing organization, including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, employee development, talent acquisition and onboarding.
We are seeking a high-energy individual with a strong knowledge base of Human Resources disciplines and high personal and professional values.
Senior Generalist Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary HR point of contact for all employees in assigned business groups.
- Develop relationships with assigned business groups and serve as a partner and advisor to management across HR disciplines, including employee relations, talent management and employee development.
- Administer employment life cycle activities for assigned business units, including talent acquisition, new hire onboarding, progressions/promotions, development, exit process, Workers Compensation claims and ADA Requests.
- Support talent acquisition for assigned business units, including collaborating with hiring managers on recruitment strategy and serving as a member of the interview team.
- Manage hiring of temporary associates, including ensuring agreements are up to date and accurate per nLIGHT standards.
- Partner with the compensation team on total compensation decisions, including new hires, promotions, and internal job changes.
- Provide guidance, support, and recommendations for the resolution of complex employee relations activities.
- Partner with managers on performance improvement plans and monitoring of progress; provide guidance and direction on corrective actions.
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in employee relations and engagement practices and strategies.
- Respond to employee complaints and concerns; conduct internal investigations, while ensuring compliance with applicable Company policy and federal, state, and local statutes.
- Partner with HR leadership and business partners to identify and coordinate development opportunities for employees to facilitate their growth and development.
- Contribute to and/or lead HR projects, including process improvements, employee programs and employee engagement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field.
- HR professional certification desired.
- A minimum of five years of progressive HR experience, with 2 years in-depth experience in employee relations and some experience with recruiting.
- Experience in high-tech manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong MS Office and skills required, HRIS experience a must.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and procedures.
- Effective communication and consistent follow-up with employees.
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, completing work within established timeframes.
- A change agent who can implement new programs in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Flexibility in schedule to work with employees on different shifts as needed.
- Ability to analyze and navigate complex and ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to provide solutions to challenging employee issues and situations, while promoting a productive and positive work environment. Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish relationships while maintaining a neutral and unbiased stance.
- Ability to use sound judgement, use discretion and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to protect confidential and proprietary information, setting professional boundaries as needed.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.