In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock, the innovative global identity vendor headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is currently looking for qualified engineering candidates who are passionate about performance to join our team in Vancouver, WA.
If you have a strong software engineering background, are curious about why software works the way it does, can identify and articulate performance impediments and work with other engineers to improve scalability, and want an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, you will love working in our ultra-casual, a life focused environment where we put the emphasis on providing the tools, benefits, and perks in place that allow you to focus on your work while maintaining balance to your life.
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to key areas of large scale, Java-based Identity Management product development by identifying performance bottlenecks and sharing insights with other engineers to solve them
- Challenging engineers with a local team to think about performance implications as we develop product features - that’s right, performance is not an afterthought!
- Mentor and be mentored, coach and be coached, as part of an ever-growing engineering team - yes, we are stoked on growing our employees!
- Managing tasks independently and efficiently to timescales/plans
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to help them resolve customer issues
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and benchmarking large scale applications using Java, including the design and implementation of modern web applications
- Experience conducting system performance testing to ensure system reliability and scalability
- Experience analysing performance data and identifying root causes of performance issues
- Demonstrates modular, flexible design and implementation of performance tests capable of exercising an evolving spectrum of performance axes; reusability and extensibility is key!
- Ability to suggest corrective actions and work with peers to remediate your findings
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Experience with cloud infrastructures (AWS, GCE, GKE, K8s) a plus
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Good understanding of and experience in Agile methodologies within a fast-paced software development environment
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives