As the Senior Sales Engineer at Bigleaf Networks you will provide pre-sales assistance to our Sales Team. You will use collaborative technical expertise to work closely with our partners to enable differentiated Bigleaf solutions.
Ideal candidates will have a track record of working with increased autonomy to gather and satisfy increasingly complex partner technical account management activities. This person will mainly be supporting the western region of the United States, and candidates should live in territory.
This position is 100% remote, but travel may be required within territory!
Compensation: $100-120k Base + Commission Structure
- Partner with the Sales Team to develop technical sales objectives then work autonomously to drive agreed upon objectives with partners
- Enable/mentor/coach the technical teams to drive the pre- and post- sales cycle from pitch to demonstration and evaluation to successful onboarding and enablement
- Aid in developing partner services built around Bigleaf
- Develop relationships with partner technical teams and their leadership to establish a Bigleaf preference
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, proof of concept, training, and implementation
- Conduct research and user knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections
- Drive high levels of partner satisfaction and enablement success
- Organize and deliver onsite partner engagements and webinar creation and delivery
- As a team leader, collaborate cross functionally with internal teams to deliver incremental or substantial process improvements for various partner challenges on both proactive and reactive, escalation basis
- Leverage process and relationships built across the organization to deliver partner satisfaction and internal low friction results to both normalized and challenging partner requests and situations
- 7+ years of industry experience as a Sales Engineer, with at least 3 years of experience in a Network Engineering role. Agent Channel or Managed Service Provider (MSP) experience is highly desired
- A passion for bringing a hospitality driven, collaborative approach to working with our partners
- Deep understanding of LAN and WAN such as IP addresses, subnets, routing protocols, firewalls, load balancing, BGP, and advertisement of class C IPs
- Strong experience with network edge device deployments, such as firewalls and routers
- Strong understanding of how specific network issues affect application performance (i.e., how does packet loss affect TCP throughput? Or what are the effects of jitter on VoIP?)
- Ability to incrementally troubleshoot technical problems
- Strong written and verbal technical presentation and communication skills
- Understanding of other aspects of customer technology systems such as business applications, DNS, VPN etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to several times per month
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks provides internet connectivity without complexity, making it easy for IT pros and their organizations to conduct business on the internet with confidence. Bigleaf’s unique network optimization solution adapts traffic to circuit conditions in real-time to preserve application performance and optimize user productivity despite circuit degradations or outages. The Bigleaf solution integrates seamlessly with established firewalls, ISPs, and applications, takes only minutes to install, and works unattended to provide immediate relief and value.
Founded in 2012 in Portland, Oregon, Bigleaf Networks is investor-backed and provides service across North America and Europe.